COs receiving new assignments

by Mickey mouse 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I am a CO and I haven't heard anything about a possible new arrangement.

• sir82
    sir82
    I thought CO assignments lasted three years.

They do...but all CO reassignments are not made simultaneously.

I.e., 1/3 of the COs got a new assignment in 2005, 1/3 in 2006, 1/3 in 2007, in 2008 the 2005 guys got a new assignment, etc.

If the 2011 date (or any other date) is true, there will still be COs getting a new assignment just one year prior to the switchover.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cheers.

• screwproof
    screwproof

What is the importance of the year 2011, I seemed to have missed that.

• cognac
    cognac
    I am a CO and I haven't heard anything about a possible new arrangement.

Really? I didn't know that!

People - Wouldn't they be doing it gradually? Maybe starting of with reducing them or something like that? I mean, to have everyone go home at once would probably be way to tramatic...

• sir82
    sir82
    What is the importance of the year 2011, I seemed to have missed that.

It's speculation, mostly.

One thing in its favor: The WTS has publically stated, via circuit assembly talks, that it will take 3 years to train all the US Presiding Overseers (now called "Coordinators") in the new "Elders' School" training sessions being held in Patterson. The new school started in early 2008, so all POs would be trained by early 2011.

One possible scenario is that the current CO arrangement will be replaced by a sort of "CO-lite" arrangement, where certain local elders (a subset of those trained in the Patterson school) will be responsible for overseeing "mini-circuits", perhaps 5-10 congregations each. These CO-lites would not be in "full-time service", would not travel about to different circuits, and would have no easily traceable ties to the WTS.

• minimus
    minimus

Old Hippie's a CO????

• Gordy
    Gordy

What was all the stuff about a year or so ago, that the CO arrangement was going to end?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe they have until the fall of 2011. Once the 2012 circus year is under way and the existing hounder-hounders are still in place and secure, then it's time to view it as either a rumor or another change they had to take back on account of the apostates.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Yeah, is great to see our current CO go away... a real moron, unsensitive and manipulative. Bad thing is they're sending another one who probably will be more of the same or worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit