Two Gilead Instructors let go!

by Bethelite Elder 27 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomreigns
    freedomreigns

It was b/c they were holding separate and secret meetings. They were analyzing the NWT and doctrines but researching independently. This was of concern to GB b/c thats how apostacy grew in bethel during the 70's.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have an update about it, that is new news

So,,,,,what is the "new' news?

• lrkr
    lrkr

It was b/c they were holding separate and secret meetings. They were analyzing the NWT and doctrines but researching independently. This was of concern to GB b/c thats how apostacy grew in bethel during the 70'

- sorry- cant seem to turn the yellow off- Do we have a source for the above- I know the KM came out about this shortly after they left, but I've never heard anything to confirm the above.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Larry had studied Greek on his own. Was a teacher in Gilead, but hadn't been a student. Smart guy, serious type. I'm not surprised that he would find problems with the NWT and doctrines. I wonder how Emma has been coping with all of this?

Wally was a nice enough guy. He and his wife graduated and went to Bolivia, I think. Then came back to teach. I'm very surprised that he would step outside the Watchtower box.

I didn't really like Noumair. I could put up with him when I had to. He seemed to be very full of himself. Rather arrogant.

Anyway, just throwing out my old observations on those three. I've stayed out of contact with everyone from the bethel years... even though several have tried to contact me. Don't know whether I want to pick up the phone and return some calls or not to find out what's happening to everyone... Should I?... dunno.

B the X

• lrkr
    lrkr

I agree with your observations. Bowen was super smart (a bit condescending- but smart none the less). If anyone would figure it all out, it would be him. I always saw Liverance as a bit of a goofy, obedient type (spoke spanish with a horrendous gringo accent)

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Rumor has it, that they went easy on them.'

Thanks for the news. Wt management must have learned from the ray franz railroading they did. They may be scared of more insider books coming back to decimate their acolytes. So, keep them inside, close, where they can watch them. Just a thought.

S

• freedomreigns
    freedomreigns

- sorry- cant seem to turn the yellow off- Do we have a source for the above- I know the KM came out about this shortly after they left, but I've never heard anything to confirm the above.

confirmed by a co and ex bethelite...heard same expression that "they went easy on them"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Bethelite Elder, you have a PM.

I have to agree with Billy's observations as my own. After I left, I often wondered how Bowen could support the NWT.

I have to say, there were statements made by those two that weren't overt, but they were curious. In fact, when 2 Kings 1 and 2 were introduced, Bowen told the class that "tomorrow, we are going to look at the prophecy regarding Elijah and Elisha that you will find fascinating." The impression I got even then was "You will find it unbelievable." They never said anything more then promote the WT view of these scriptures, but to me, that was my epiphany moment as a JW.

Noumair was the only one who I thought was a borgbot through and through. I always thought that Liverance knew what a missionary life style was like, and came across as empathetic, like he knew what we were getting into. Bowen, to his credit, never pretended to be a missionary, but was very much into his scholarly studies.

Billy, some futher corroboration would be most welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit