Did You Have A Favorite Elder?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

Jamie, who are you referring to? Paul Carlson?

• blondie
  • Nowman
    Nowman

If Jamie is referring to Paul Carlson, I do not see how he was removed. In 1990, he was our book study conductor at our house. He did not show up with his family to conduct the book study as an elder. So, my dad took over that night. This was not like Paul. The following Sunday, he was due to give a talk at the Addison, IL hall and he did not show up with his family...he was still an active elder.

That Sundy was when my parents and others knew something was wrong. That night, my dad found the bodies of Paul & Sandy because the cop could not fit through the window.

Nikki

• donny
    donny

Back in my JW days, my favorite elder was Jared Hardie. At the time, he was the closest thing to being an all around good JW. I was suprised to see him on the DVD "Knocking" where he is one of three JW spokesmen who explain the JW mentality to the "outsiders." I was shocked at his hair loss since the last time I saw him.

Don

Featuring (in order of appearance)Seth Thomas
    Ralph Thomas
    Dolores Rasmussen
    Audrey Thomas
    Jared HardieDr. Viktoria Hertling, University of Nevada, Reno
    Rabbi Michael Berenbaum, University of Judaism, Los Angeles
    Joseph Kempler
    Virginia Kempler
    Paul Kempler
    David Kempler
    Susan Grant
    Jeff Grant
    Brian Grant
    Andrew Grant
    Ray Vasvari, American Civil Liberties Union
    Philip Brumley, Jehovah’s Witness General Counsel
    Lillian Gobitas-Klose
    Halina Haley
    Dr. Jason Edling, MD Presbyterian Hospital, Plano Texas
    Jennifer Jenkins
    Dr. Arthur Caplan, University of Pennsylvania
    Dr. Nicolas Jabbour, MD USC University Hospital
    Dr. Yuri Genyk, MD USC University Hospital
    Simone Liebster
    Max Liebster
    Dr. Christine King, Staffordshire University, UK

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

forrest gump as we lovingly called brother runk

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There was one that was halfway helpful (he at least made an attempt, where the others would merely order me to pretend that there was no issue). And I hear that he got reproved because he got bilked out of $5,000--after which there was ongoing slander about him that he got disfellowshipped (which at the time was a blatant lie). No action was taken against any of the witlesses that perpetrated that slander.

All the others are nothing more than hounders that want to control my life, and want me in that Value Destroyer Training School and then for me to allow the Washtowel Slaveholdery to plunge the whole world into the Second Dark Ages. Seems they extracted the one that was trying to work against that.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Harris Charland - Montreal

Anybody knew him?

Albert

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The good ones usually got taken off by the others or they came to a point where they had to step down..........

I had a working relationship with my fellow elders at the time. I always said (at home) that I could not call them friends, just work mates as in a secular job.

We never thought the same way

• The Berean
    The Berean

Please excuse my cynicism but ...

All elders belong to a body of some size. There exists corruption at some level in every body I hane been associated with. ALL elders are aware of such things as nepotism, bias, and character assasination of the flock, yet most choose to ignor it in the name of unity. It's kinda of a "club."

To me, there exists a community responsibility on the part of any elder who allows such unloving treatment which may on this board could attest to. So while some may appear better than others, they are all part of a fraud. Sorry ...

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

There were some that were kinder, nicer, funnier or smarter than others but I never had a favorite elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit