Help me with question from my hubby..

by cognac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cognac..Seriously...........Satan Who?.................Satan the Baker?................Satan the Truck Driver?.........Satan the Dentist?.................It`s all Superstition.........The WBT$ belongs in the 18th century..Back where they started........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If the Bible is indeed 'the word of God' then it might not be wise to refer to it as b.s.! Better, would be to say there are some things in it that I presently don't understand but I have to believe God knows what he is doing even if I don't.

My personal opinion.

Outaservice

• Robdar
    Robdar

What if humans were never meant to live forever? What if the Bible has been misinterpreted ? Can you quote me a scripture where it says that man was supposed to live forever?

Sure, in Genesis it says in the day you eat of the fruit you will surely die. But does that really mean that humans were meant to live forever, or did it mean the death process would be sped up?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It doesn't seem fair.

It isn't fair. Your husband is on to something.

The reason you don't have a reasonable answer is because there isn't one.

All religious writings are nothing more than man's thoughts about God. None of them are God's thoughts about man. If you read the Bible with that thought in mind, it starts to make sense.

Cheers

Chris

• DJK
    DJK
    "For God loved the world so much that he consented to use mankind as a lab experiment, allowing them to be lied to, cheated, enslaved, diseased, butchered, burned, and pissed on so that they would have the privilege of demonstrating that they can be loyal to a God who loves them so much." 1 Rocco 1:1

Yeah, I've been asking the same question for 30 years.

You forgot raped and sacrificed!

• carla
    carla

I agree with Rodbar, why do people think we were meant to live forever here? where is it in the bible? Using usual wt human logic will not cut it either, using 'it is logical to conclude' or 'it is reasonable' or 'it only stands to reason' are human assumptions. Who is to say we do not need to learn or have certain human experiences before moving on? (of course that would be coming from one who does believe our soul moves on to begin with)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Simple answer....Jehovah Versus Satan pissing contest........millions will die!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Black Sheep said: All religious writings are nothing more than man's thoughts about God. None of them are God's thoughts about man. If you read the Bible with that thought in mind, it starts to make sense.

Right on!

I've often wondered why there were conflicting things in the Bible. The biggest one for me: 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things, hold fast to that which is good."

Ooook.... so let's go to the foundation then. Prove that God exists. Can't do it. Everything crumbles from there.

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks so much for all your replys... I wish there was a logical, clear cut answer to all of this...

• DJK
    DJK

I wish there was a logical, clear cut answer to all of this...

There is, although the answer is as individual as there are individuals. For each his own.

A definition of sovereignty is supremacy. I look at three roads ahead of me and choose the best for me. Do I want to be a leader? Do I want to be a follower? Or do I want to be me?

I choose to be me. I think highly of "myself" because no one will think highly of anyone who doesn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit