Honda update!!

by Pandoras cat11 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Woohoo!! It's running again. The starter had to be replaced. Honda dealer wanted $350.00, the rebuilt starter from the local parts house was $99.00!! That price I can handle. Thanks for your input. Have a great and relaxing Sunday.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Glad to hear it worked out for you and it wasn't too expensive. Enjoy your Sunday as well!!

• Priest73
    Priest73

Good thing it wasn't the flux capacitor. Those can be expensive!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Jeez,

My oscillating hyperbole tensioner went one time, and it cost a lot more than that! *cough*

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Worse than that, hope that you never have to replace the 'muffler bearings'!

Outaservice

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

It does pay to shop around for car parts

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Good news! Thanks for the update!

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Just a side note... The reason I am driving an older honda now is because we got rid of our SUV. I have been driving those rigs for years and what with the cost of gas and the economy in the toilet, and my husbands business is at a stand still (construction), it seemed the practical thing to do!!! I think there should be atleast one car that is owned out right in these tough times. Besides, I have teenagers in the house and this will be a great learner car. It has 103,000 miles on it and we spent $1300 for it--plus the starter now. The kids are waxing it right now. It's great to have older kids now that will do that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> It has 103,000 miles on it and we spent $1300 for it--plus the starter now. The kids are waxing it right now.

That is excellent. Not bad for $1400... and somehow having it washed and waxed just makes it seem to run better too.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Thats great its pretty nice out to ride now, just bought myself a honda 750 I love it...

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit