Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 06-14-09 WT Study (YOUR INTEGRITY)

by blondie 10 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 06-14-09 WT Study (April 15, 2009, pages 7-11)(YOUR INTEGRITY)Review comments will be in red
    WT material from today's WT will be in black
    Quotes from other sources will be in quotes boxes
    w = Watchtower
    g = Awake
    jv = Proclaimers book

Bible translations www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible
    WT publications www.strictlygenteel.co.uk
    WT child abuse www.silentlambs.org
    Blood issue www.ajwrb.org
    United Nations http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Also posted on

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com

www.jehovahs-witness.net

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/

YOUR INTEGRITY MAKES JEHOVAH'S HEART REJOICE
    "Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to him that is taunting me."--PROV. 27:11

OPENING COMMENTS

Have you noticed that the WTS overuses some scriptures and never mentions others much? One overused is Matthew 24:45-47 and Matthew
    24:14 and Matthew 28:19,20 (but rarely Matthew 28:18).

Another overused scripture is Proverbs 27:11: How many times? 532 on the 2007 WT-CD. (But Matthew 24:45 = 1489 times)

Matthew 24:14 = 3463 times (not adjusted for Matthew 24 alone)
    Matthew 28:19 = 1809 times
    Revelation 21:4 = 2196 times

START OF ARTICLE

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_061409_0001.jpg

Q 1,2. (a) The book of Job describes what challenge made by Satan? (b) What indicates that Satan continued taunting Jehovah after the days of
    Job?

Q 1. JEHOVAH permitted Satan to test the integrity of God's loyal servant Job. As a result, Job lost his livestock, his children, and his health. But

when Satan challenged Job's integrity, he had more in mind than just the man Job. "Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will

give in behalf of his soul," claimed Satan. This challenge raised an issue that went far beyond Job as an individual and that has continued long

after his death.--Job 2:4.

If God permitted Satan to "test" Job, to kill his employees and his ten children, was he not helping Satan commit a crime. In this state, people who

assist in murders are tried and punished like the actual person who killed. Doesn't that make God a criminal along with Satan?

Why was Job allowed to live and his employees and 10 children allowed to die? Is this another case like David who was allowed to live but his

infant son died and later 70,000 Israelites died because of David's sin?

Do jws realize that while Job's ten children might be resurrected that based on WT doctrine, they will never be able to marry or have children?

Q2. About 600 years after Job's trials, Solomon was inspired to write: "Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to

him that is taunting me." (Prov. 27:11) Clearly, at that time Satan was still challenging Jehovah. Moreover, in a vision given to the apostle John,

Satan was seen accusing God's servants following his eviction from heaven some time after the establishment of God's Kingdom in 1914. Yes,

even today, so deep into the last days of this wicked system, Satan is still challenging the integrity of God's servants!--Rev. 2:10.

CLEARLY

God's servants (after 1914) = only jws

When was Satan evicted per the WTS? Why is 1918 the cut off year?

*** w68 7/1 p. 413 Letting All Men See Jehovah’s Victory Processions ***

In modern times Jehovah won a great victory by means of the Greater David, Jesus Christ, when he and his angels cast Satan and his angels out

of heaven between 1914 and 1918.

*** w66 9/15 p. 553 par. 2 Jehovah’s Witnesses Endure for His Sovereign Godship ***

The Kingdom’s establishment in 1914 immediately brought war between its enthroned King, Christ Jesus, called Michael, and the opposer Satan

with his wicked angels. This resulted in Satan’s complete defeat by 1918, when he and his wicked forces were ejected from the heavenly realm to

be cast downward into the vicinity of the earth.

*** w60 4/15 p. 249 par. 13 Part 36—“Your Will Be Done on Earth” ***

He was defeated by Michael, and there is Scriptural reason to believe that by the time of the annual celebration of the Lord’s evening meal on

March 26, 1918, Satan the Devil was hurled down to the earth.

*** re chap. 17 p. 103 par. 12 ‘Slaughtered Souls’ Rewarded ***

All the evidence indicates that this heavenly resurrection began in 1918, after Jesus’ enthronement in 1914 and his riding forth to start his kingly

conquest by cleansing the heavens of Satan and his demons.

Q 3. What valuable lessons can we learn from the book of Job?

Q3. Consider, then, three of the important lessons that we learn from the book of Job. First, the trials of Job expose the real enemy of mankind

and the source of opposition against God's people. That enemy is Satan the Devil. Second, no matter what trials we may encounter, having a

close relationship with God will enable us to maintain our integrity. Third, when trials occur and we are tested in some way, God supports us just

as he did Job. Today, Jehovah does this by means of his Word, his organization, and his holy spirit.

God's people = only jws

close relationship with (God) = where's Jesus?

God supports us = where's Jesus?

So will God prevent us from dying, restore any wealth we have lost, and give us children to replace those who have died making sure the girls are

beauty queens?

WT Trinity = his Word, his organization, and his holy spirit

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_061409_0002.jpg

Keep the Real Enemy in Mind

Q4. Who is to blame for present world conditions?

Q4. Many do not believe that Satan exists. Thus, although they might be alarmed about world conditions, they do not discern the real

cause--Satan the Devil. True, much of the responsibility for mankind's woes rests with humans themselves. Our first parents, Adam and Eve,

chose independence from their Creator. And since then, successive generations have acted very unwisely. Still, it was the Devil who deceived

Eve into rebelling against God. He is the one who has developed among imperfect, dying mankind a world system under his control. Because

Satan is "the god of this system of things," human society displays the same basic characteristics that he does--pride, contentiousness, jealousy,

greed, deception, and rebelliousness. (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 Tim. 2:14; 3:6; read James 3:14,15.) Such characteristics have led to political and religious

conflicts, hatred, corruption, and disorder, which contribute to mankind's misery.

MANY--how many and who--the majority and a minority? Source?

Much responsibility rests with humans---so here is a case of the WTS talking out of both sides of its mouth

Since Satan is the "god of this system of things" that would mean that everyone other than jws WORSHIP Satan.

*** w05 10/15 p. 23 par. 12 Beware of Developing a Haughty Heart ***

Thus the first human pair rejected God’s right to rule over them and, in effect, became worshippers of Satan.

*** w90 12/1 p. 6 Which God Should You Worship? ***

Satan has enormous influence. The apostle John said that “the whole world” is lying in his power, and Paul called him “the god of this system of

things.” (1 John 5:19; 2 Corinthians 4:4) Hence, worship of any god apart from Jehovah is really worship of Satan.

So are they saying that all but 7 million jws are prideful, contentious, jealous, greedy, deceptive, and rebellious--all 7 billion?

Q5. What do we want to do with the precious knowledge we possess?

Q5. What precious knowledge we as Jehovah's servants have! Yes, we understand who is to blame for deteriorating world conditions. Do we

not, then feel impelled to share in the field ministry so as to inform people of the identity of the chief troublemaker? And are we not happy to stand

up for the true God, Jehovah, and to explain to others how he will put an end to Satan and to mankind's woes?

WE as Jehovah's servants--only jws (know that Satan is in charge)

That is why many jws have no desire to try and better their world today...pointless. They sit back and wait for a miracle.

IMPELLED to share--the last time I saw jws energetic in the door to door were the ten years before 1975 when most thought the end was coming

in 1975 and that their personal salvation depended on the numbers on their time slip.

Put an end to mankind (woes)--all 7 billion, men, women, children including babies.

Q6,7. (a) Who is responsible for the persecution of true worshippers? (b) How can we imitate the example of Elihu of old?

(see scan above) and

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_061409_0003.jpg

Satan is responsible not only for many of the world's sorrows--not humans (paragraph 4)?

but also for the opposition that God's people experience--only jws not other religions

each of us follows in Jesus' footsteps--not Job

will experience trials in some way or other--and if a jw is not persecuted that means they are not living in godly devotion. Other religions are being

persecuted, does that mean they are living in godly devotion?

*** g81 6/22 p. 7 Cuban Refugees Tell Their Story ***

Against Other Religions?

The actions of the Cuban government against Jehovah’s Witnesses raise this question: Does the government also persecute other religions? In

Cuba there are many Catholic churches. Their doors are open to the public. The same is true of Protestant churches. But the meeting places of

Jehovah’s Witnesses are closed by governmental decree.

What about today?

http://www.forum18.org/Archive.php?article_id=652

www.forum18.org

*** w06 6/1 p. 8 Highlights From Book Two of Psalms ***

AS Jehovah’s servants, we expect trials and tests to come our way.

*** w77 11/15 p. 686 Why Persecution of Christians? ***

Therefore, while not seeking persecution or enjoying the suffering that persecution brings, they are nonetheless happy because it is an added

evidence to them that they are taking the right course and are pleasing their God Jehovah.

Q7. How can we imitate the example of Elihu of old?

enemy only if tragedy befalls a fellow believer (only another jw)?

instead of distancing ourselves from the affected brother (not sister?)...true friend--how often do jws treat struggling jws as if they had leprosy,

weak spiritually, a spiritual contaminant?

*** w99 8/1 pp. 23-24 Peer Pressure—Can It Be to Your Advantage? ***

Even within the Christian congregation, we can come under the influence of unwholesome peer pressure if we choose spiritually weak individuals

as our close associates. (1 Corinthians 15:33; 2 Thessalonians 3:14)

Q8. Why did Satan not suceed in getting Job to stop honoring Jehovah?

Why did Job have to say "maybe his sons (not his daughters?) have sinned" since all humans are sinners?

So sacrifices could only be done with livestock?

honor with his lips--did Job give in and believe that God was behind his problems?

(Job 27:2) . . .As God lives, who has taken away my judgment, And as the Almighty [lives], who has made my soul bitter,

(Job 30:20-21) 20 I cry to you for help, but you do not answer me; I have stood, that you might show yourself attentive to me. 21 You change

yourself to become cruel to me; With the full might of your hand you harbor animosity toward me.

Q9. What is our most precious possession?

close relationship with God--Where's Jesus? Oh, that's right this is an OT example.

limited knowledge of the truth--definition: see paragraph 10

Q10. (a) How did one of our sisters (not baptized initially) react to tests of integrity?

1945--20 years old, had 2 return visits made on her yet preached....would a jw student today be allowed to do so?

1953--resumed preaching, what could she preach after 2 return visits no publications or bible? "only other Bible that Valentina had ever seen was

the one in the hands of the brother who witnessed to her in 1945!" (and not the NWT)

(no scan for 11 through 13)

Q11. (b) What powerful answer did this sister give to Satan?

In 1967, Valentina was set free and was finally able to symbolize her dedication to Jehovah by water baptism. She zealously used her freedom to

participate in the ministry until 1969. That year, however, she was again arrested, and this time she was sentenced to serve three years in prison.

Still, Valentina kept on preaching. Before she died in 2001, she had helped 44 people to learn the truth (to be come Christians?). She had spent

21 years in prisons and camps. She had been willing to give up everything, including her freedom, in order to maintain her integrity. At the end of

her life, Valentina said: "I never had my own place to live. All my possessions were in a single suitcase, but I was happy and content in serving

Jehovah (where's Jesus?)." What a powerful answer Valentina gave to Satan, who claimed that humans will not remain loyal to God in the face of

trials! (Job 1:9-11) We can be sure that she made Jehovah's heart rejoice and that he eagerly looks forward to the time when he will bring

Valentina and others who died faithful back to life by means of the resurrection.--Job 14:15.

1967--baptized 12 years after preaching since 1945

How many of the 44 people are still jws?

Q12. What role does love play in our relationship with Jehovah? (with Jesus?)

Our friendship with Jehovah is based on our love for him. We admire God's qualities and do whatever we can to live in harmony with his

purposes. Contrary to what the Devil claims, we give our love to Jehovah voluntarily and unconditionally (would jws do this if everlasting life was

not offered?) This heartfelt love strengthens us to maintain integrity under test. For his part, Jehovah "will guard the very way of his loyal

ones."--Prov. 2:8; Ps. 97:10.

Does the WTS even teach unconditional love?

*** w04 7/1 p. 5 God Really Cares About You ***

When the first human pair, Adam and Eve, were placed in the garden of Eden, Jehovah gave them the prospect of everlasting life in an earthly

paradise. However, he clearly wanted the earth to be populated by humans who would appreciate their heritage. Hence, he made their future life

prospects conditional. Adam and Eve would live in Paradise only as long as they remained subject to their loving Creator.

*** w02 9/1 p. 32 ‘Forgive One Another Freely’ ***

“If you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; whereas if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your

Father forgive your trespasses.” (Matthew 6:14, 15) Yes, God’s forgiveness of our sins is conditional, in part, on our readiness to forgive others.

*** w98 3/15 p. 12 par. 4 Dedication and Freedom of Choice ***

Note, too, that being God’s dedicated people was conditional. Only if they strictly obeyed God’s voice and kept his covenant would they be his

“special property.

Q13. How does Jehovah view what we do for him?

Love moves us to honor the name of Jehovah, no matter how limited we may feel (or are made to feel by the elders or other "mature" jws in the

congregation). He sees our good motives and does not judge us if we cannot do all we (or the WTS) would like us to do. What counts is not only

what we do but also why we do it. Even though Job was grief-stricken and had endured much (at least he was still alive but not so his ten

children), he spoke to his accusers about his love for Jehovah's ways. (Read Job 10:12; 28:28) In the final chapter of the book of Job, God

expressed his anger toward Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar because they had not spoken the truth. At the same time, Jehovah indicated his

approval of Job by referring to him four times as "my servant" and by instructing him to intercede in behalf of the wrongdoers. (Job 42:7-9) May

we too act in such a way that Jehovah views us with favor (or the WTS and its representatives?)

we cannot do all WE would like to do--or rather what the WTS says we should do

Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar....not spoken the truth--the WTS, will they receive God's anger?

my servant

*** w53 11/15 p. 703 Questions From Readers ***

In the prophetic drama of Job he represents the faithful followers of Christ on earth at the end of this system of things, specially from 1918 onward.

He represents the anointed remnant of the body of Christ, how at that time they were afflicted, in captivity to Satan’s organization, Babylonish

Christendom in particular. They could not understand why Jehovah permitted this affliction from the world, and particularly from Christendom. They

did not appreciate just what Jehovah’s purposes were concerning them, and so it was appropriate for God to specially reveal himself to them as

the Supreme One of the universe and that the big issue was his universal domination over all creation, animate and inanimate. From and after

1918 Jehovah has made these points stand out. He has restored his people to a beautiful condition, theocratically speaking, where their flesh has

been restored to the days of their youth, and he has opened their eyes to see his supreme position, the issue before all creation, his universal

sovereignty.

Jehovah Supports His Faithful Servants

Q14: How did Jehovah help Job to correct his thinking?

Q14. Job maintained his integrity even though he was imperfect. Sometimes, under..........

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_061409_0005.jpg

Justifying himself...perhaps Job would have been told to "wait on Jehovah" like many jws have been when faced with similar lies from Eliphaz,

Bildad, and Zophar type jws.

So Job talked directly to God?? (see last week's article)

insignificance of man??? Then why all the talk about needing humans to give an answer to Satan's accusation?

Q15,16. In what ways does Jehovah provide help to his servants (only jws) today?

God offers kind, firm guidance = but do the elders?

his servants today--only jws (where's Jesus? Only place the WTS says "servants of Jesus."

*** w07 1/1 p. 29 par. 14 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way ***

Our attention is drawn to an altar of sacrifice. At its base are “the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the

witness work that they used to have.” (Revelation 6:9) Since “the soul [or, life] of the flesh is in the blood,” what is really represented as being at the

foot of the altar is the blood of faithful servants of Jesus who were slaughtered because of their bold and zealous witnessing.

complete Bible--who did develop the Bible canon and when was it "complete"?

close relationship with God (where's Jesus?)

How does the holy spirit aid jws?

phrase universal sovereignty is not in the bible, not even the NWT (see also "governing body" and "government")

Paragraph 16

spiritual food by means of "the faithful and discreet slave." (Matthew 24:45-47) PROOF?

Many a letter to the body of (jw) elders contains only this scripture to support their statements. Some don't even have that.

Q17. Illustrate the wisdom of sticking closely to the instruction of Jehovah's organization today.

They used Sheila's real name.............but when did this happen, this year, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?

So how long was the teacher gone that these students felt safe playing any board game?

So were there really demons or only the imagination of some impressionable students?

Does the WTS teach that demon activity is only the result of playing ouija?

The real point of this paragraph is that jws should be attending all the meetings and paying attention. And we wonder why there were so many

sensational "demon" stories going around the congregations. (see the articles below and how the WTS stirs up fear).

*** g79 3/8 pp. 30-31 Watching the World ***

Ouija Board Causes Abuse

A foster child was beaten and abused for over four years by guardians who believed in “messages” received from a Ouija board, charges a

lawsuit filed in Oregon. It is claimed that when something was missing in the house, the board would be consulted and the boy’s name would

usually be the answer. As a punishment, it is alleged that the boy was tied to a chair, then beaten with a fishing rod or a belt. He was also forced to

swallow spoonfuls of pepper, to chew and swallow large amounts of tobacco snuff, and was locked in his room for as long as three days while the

rest of the family relaxed at the beach.

*** g80 12/8 p. 7 The Fascination of the Occult *** (nothing before 1986)

Results of a Parlor Game

Persons merely curious about the occult are often lured into active involvement by means of allegedly harmless items such as Ouija boards. The

familiar boards are advertised and sold as a harmless parlor game. There is no question that the boards make a lot of money for the

manufacturer—but are they harmless? A lot of people don’t think so.

A popular Canadian singer tried to commit suicide several times after being invited by her board to “come to our side.” A lonely Alberta woman

was advised that she would meet ‘the man of her dreams’ at a Calgary night spot. She was beaten and raped instead. Just last year in Miami,

Florida, mass hysteria broke out when young students playing with a Ouija board claimed they were possessed by demons. “The whole school

went berserk,” said a police officer. Students kicked holes in walls and tore a door off its hinges. According to a teacher, “There were girls crying

and screaming that there was a spirit inside (the Ouija board).”

Clearly, persons lured into using a Ouija board as a ‘harmless parlor game’ are often not prepared for what may happen to them. Their fascination

with the occult produces results all right, but are they results that you would want?

Q18. What are personally resolved to do?

Was there an "organization" in Job's day? What was it? There was no nation of Israel.

stock closely to the instruction from God's organization--not the Bible?

regular meeting attendance--how many can a jw miss and stay under the radar?

Bible reading--by reading single scriptures in the publications (or not even that just seeing the scripture cited and not even looking it up)

study of Bible..........or Bible-based publications (only WT publications)

fellowship with MATURE Christians (only certain jws that judged "mature" by whom?)

Where's Jesus?

CONCLUDING COMMENTS

Things are busy. Pardon this presentation. I hope you are enjoying the better weather and getting outside. We are our garden in and the flowers
    and are enjoying our little bit of paradise on earth now.

Next week, "Jehovah's Wisdom Observed in Creation." Maybe a good Sunday to take a ride in the country and have a picnic.

Love, Blondie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, there has to be something wrong with the formatting.

Formatting aside, this only shows that Jehovah created a stock example so He can create trouble for us, prevent us from ever fulfilling our needs, and even use any one of us to plunge the whole world into the Second Dark Ages. Yet, He will put this fake experience in front of us and expect us to believe that we will have the same outcome. We never see the same end, the world ends up in the Dark Ages forever, and Jehovah still gets the praise.

Second only to the Original Sin scam, this book of Job has to be the biggest scam in the whole f***ing Bible. The whole experience is fake. Results are NOT typical, and you WILL get markedly inferior results after even worse suffering. On top of that, when the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery keeps using this fake experience as if it were typical (it is unique and will never repeat), you know you have a rotten organization.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A basic read of the principles of false reasoning shows that this article is just full of controlling language and false argument. As Blondie said, the WT Loves Prov 27 11 ...

Q2. " About 600 years after Job's trials, Solomon was inspired to write: "Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to

him that is taunting me." (Prov. 27:11) Clearly, at that time Satan was still challenging Jehovah. Moreover, in a vision given to the apostle John,

Satan was seen accusing God's servants following his eviction from heaven some time after the establishment of God's Kingdom in 1914. Yes,

even today, so deep into the last days of this wicked system, Satan is still challenging the integrity of God's servants!--Rev. 12:10"

What is "Clearly" about the scripture quoted? If they take the time to read the context, it is a chapter full of unrelated maxims and sayings of Solomon. There is no connection with an issue of Universal sovereignty, Satan is not mentioned in the chapter. Verse 15 is often used in discussing family life (A contentious wife). Why give special Universal meaning to vs 11? A reader of the chapter will see it as talking about life in general , not prophecy.

P3 " Third, when trials occur and we are tested in some way, God supports us just as he did Job. Today, Jehovah does this by means of his Word, his organization, and his holy spirit."

Mmm, What verse of the book of Job actually says that? Or even says that it represents all mankind?

It seems to me that Satan is blown up as the big enemy , although the Christian faith does accept Satan, but is he really the bogey-man to be blamed for all of life's problems? It reminds me of the character "Emanuel Goldstein" in the novel 1984.

P 6 ."Satan is responsible not only for many of the World's sorrows but also for the opposition that God's people experience. He is determined to put us to the test."

Many Witnesses would view all of life's mishaps as a "trial from Satan". Contrast this with Jesus' words in Luke 13.4 about a tower that had collapsed and killed people - "Do you imagine that they were proved greater debtors than all other men inhabiting Jerusalem"

The WT once said about this that :

"For example, you may need to remind yourself that many tragedies are simply the result of “time and unforeseen occurrence.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11) Jesus Christ gave an example of this when he spoke of the collapse of a tower in Siloam. Eighteen people were killed in that local disaster. However, Jesus made it clear that the victims were not being punished by God. They died simply because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. (Luke 13:1-5) " - Awake 03 .6/22 p13

Todays article comes to an end somewhat abruptly IMHO, claiming that the "organization " is the key. "Meetings prayer and fellowship" is the way we get the guidance and support we need ...

I am sorry but that is not the answer,,

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Thanks Blondie!

Love moves us to honor the name of Jehovah, no matter how limited we may feel. He sees our good motives and does not judge us if we cannot do all we would like to do. What counts is not only what we do but also why we do it.

So why stress more works rather than the quality of worship?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"If we are tested in some way ... jehovah supports us ... by means of HIS ORGANIZATION"!!!

Tell that to all the eldrely beth hellites who have been kicked to the curb in America, and those they tried to do the same to in Spain...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Blondie - Honey you could make a fortune doing anti witless stand up.

Will you be here all week?

HB

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Sorry but the formatting is a mess. I can hardly tell where where the Watchtower is speaking and Blondie is speaking. And some of the paragraphs look like they have not been reproduced at all.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry for the formatting. I have been having problems keying. The paragraphs that are not typed are contained in the highlighted website as scans.

YOUR INTEGRITY MAKES JEHOVAH'S HEART REJOICE
    "Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to him that is taunting me."--PROV. 27:11

OPENING COMMENTS

Have you noticed that the WTS overuses some scriptures and never mentions others much? One overused is Matthew 24:45-47 and Matthew
    24:14 and Matthew 28:19,20 (but rarely Matthew 28:18).

Another overused scripture is Proverbs 27:11: How many times? 532 on the 2007 WT-CD. (But Matthew 24:45 = 1489 times)

Matthew 24:14 = 3463 times (not adjusted for Matthew 24 alone)
    Matthew 28:19 = 1809 times
    Revelation 21:4 = 2196 times

START OF ARTICLE
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_061409_0001.jpg

Q 1,2. (a) The book of Job describes what challenge made by Satan? (b) What indicates that Satan continued taunting Jehovah after the days of
    Job?

Q 1. JEHOVAH permitted Satan to test the integrity of God's loyal servant Job. As a result, Job lost his livestock, his children, and his health. But

when Satan challenged Job's integrity, he had more in mind than just the man Job. "Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will

give in behalf of his soul," claimed Satan. This challenge raised an issue that went far beyond Job as an individual and that has continued long

after his death.--Job 2:4.

If God permitted Satan to "test" Job, to kill his employees and his ten children, was he not helping Satan commit a crime. In this state, people who

assist in murders are tried and punished like the actual person who killed. Doesn't that make God a criminal along with Satan?

Why was Job allowed to live and his employees and 10 children allowed to die? Is this another case like David who was allowed to live but his

infant son died and later 70,000 Israelites died because of David's sin?

Do jws realize that while Job's ten children might be resurrected that based on WT doctrine, they will never be able to marry or have children
    ?

Q2. About 600 years after Job's trials, Solomon was inspired to write: "Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to

even today, so deep into the last days of this wicked system, Satan is still challenging the integrity of God's servants!--Rev. 2:10.

CLEARLY

God's servants (after 1914) = only jws

When was Satan evicted per the WTS? Why is 1918 the cut off year?

*** w68 7/1 p. 413 Letting All Men See Jehovah’s Victory Processions ***

In modern times Jehovah won a great victory by means of the Greater David, Jesus Christ, when he and his angels cast Satan and his angels out

of heaven between 1914 and 1918.

*** w66 9/15 p. 553 par. 2 Jehovah’s Witnesses Endure for His Sovereign Godship ***

The Kingdom’s establishment in 1914 immediately brought war between its enthroned King, Christ Jesus, called Michael, and the opposer Satan

with his wicked angels. This resulted in Satan’s complete defeat by 1918, when he and his wicked forces were ejected from the heavenly realm to

be cast downward into the vicinity of the earth.

*** w60 4/15 p. 249 par. 13 Part 36—“Your Will Be Done on Earth” ***

He was defeated by Michael, and there is Scriptural reason to believe that by the time of the annual celebration of the Lord’s evening meal on

March 26, 1918, Satan the Devil was hurled down to the earth.

*** re chap. 17 p. 103 par. 12 ‘Slaughtered Souls’ Rewarded ***

All the evidence indicates that this heavenly resurrection began in 1918, after Jesus’ enthronement in 1914 and his riding forth to start his kingly

conquest by cleansing the heavens of Satan and his demons.

Q 3. What valuable lessons can we learn from the book of Job?

Q3. Consider, then, three of the important lessons that we learn from the book of Job. First, the trials of Job expose the real enemy of mankind

and the source of opposition against God's people. That enemy is Satan the Devil. Second, no matter what trials we may encounter, having a

close relationship with God will enable us to maintain our integrity. Third, when trials occur and we are tested in some way, God supports us just

as he did Job. Today, Jehovah does this by means of his Word, his organization, and his holy spirit.

God's people = only jws

close relationship with (God) = where's Jesus?

God supports us = where's Jesus?

So will God prevent us from dying, restore any wealth we have lost, and give us children to replace those who have died making sure the girls are

beauty queens?

WT Trinity = his Word, his organization, and his holy spirit

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_061409_0002.jpg

Keep the Real Enemy in Mind
    Q4. Who is to blame for present world conditions?
    Q4. Many do not believe that Satan exists. Thus, although they might be alarmed about world conditions, they do not discern the real

cause--Satan the Devil. True, much of the responsibility for mankind's woes rests with humans themselves. Our first parents, Adam and Eve,

chose independence from their Creator. And since then, successive generations have acted very unwisely. Still, it was the Devil who deceived

Eve into rebelling against God. He is the one who has developed among imperfect, dying mankind a world system under his control. Because

Satan is "the god of this system of things," human society displays the same basic characteristics that he does--pride, contentiousness, jealousy,

greed, deception, and rebelliousness. (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 Tim. 2:14; 3:6; read James 3:14,15.) Such characteristics have led to political and religious

conflicts, hatred, corruption, and disorder, which contribute to mankind's misery.

MANY--how many and who--the majority and a minority? Source?

Much responsibility rests with humans---so here is a case of the WTS talking out of both sides of its mouth

Since Satan is the "god of this system of things" that would mean that everyone other than jws WORSHIP Satan.

*** w05 10/15 p. 23 par. 12 Beware of Developing a Haughty Heart ***

Thus the first human pair rejected God’s right to rule over them and, in effect, became worshippers of Satan.

*** w90 12/1 p. 6 Which God Should You Worship? ***

Satan has enormous influence. The apostle John said that “the whole world” is lying in his power, and Paul called him “the god of this system of

things.” (1 John 5:19; 2 Corinthians 4:4) Hence, worship of any god apart from Jehovah is really worship of Satan.

So are they saying that all but 7 million jws are prideful, contentious, jealous, greedy, deceptive, and rebellious--all 7 billion?

Q5. What do we want to do with the precious knowledge we possess?

Q5. What precious knowledge we as Jehovah's servants have! Yes, we understand who is to blame for deteriorating world conditions. Do we

not, then feel impelled to share in the field ministry so as to inform people of the identity of the chief troublemaker? And are we not happy to stand

up for the true God, Jehovah, and to explain to others how he will put an end to Satan and to mankind's woes?

WE as Jehovah's servants--only jws (know that Satan is in charge)

That is why many jws have no desire to try and better their world today...pointless. They sit back and wait for a miracle.

IMPELLED to share--the last time I saw jws energetic in the door to door were the ten years before 1975 when most thought the end was coming

in 1975 and that their personal salvation depended on the numbers on their time slip.

Put an end to mankind (woes)--all 7 billion, men, women, children including babies.

Q6,7. (a) Who is responsible for the persecution of true worshippers? (b) How can we imitate the example of Elihu of old?

(see scan above) and

Satan is responsible not only for many of the world's sorrows--not humans (paragraph 4)?

but also for the opposition that God's people experience--only jws not other religions

each of us follows in Jesus' footsteps--not Job

will experience trials in some way or other--and if a jw is not persecuted that means they are not living in godly devotion. Other religions are being

persecuted, does that mean they are living in godly devotion?

*** g81 6/22 p. 7 Cuban Refugees Tell Their Story ***

Against Other Religions?

The actions of the Cuban government against Jehovah’s Witnesses raise this question: Does the government also persecute other religions? In

Cuba there are many Catholic churches. Their doors are open to the public. The same is true of Protestant churches. But the meeting places of

Jehovah’s Witnesses are closed by governmental decree.

What about today?

http://www.forum18.org/Archive.php?article_id=652

www.forum18.org

*** w06 6/1 p. 8 Highlights From Book Two of Psalms ***

AS Jehovah’s servants, we expect trials and tests to come our way.

*** w77 11/15 p. 686 Why Persecution of Christians? ***

Therefore, while not seeking persecution or enjoying the suffering that persecution brings, they are nonetheless happy because it is an added

evidence to them that they are taking the right course and are pleasing their God Jehovah.

Q7. How can we imitate the example of Elihu of old?

enemy only if tragedy befalls a fellow believer (only another jw)?

instead of distancing ourselves from the affected brother (not sister?)...true friend--how often do jws treat struggling jws as if they had leprosy,

weak spiritually, a spiritual contaminant?

*** w99 8/1 pp. 23-24 Peer Pressure—Can It Be to Your Advantage? ***

Even within the Christian congregation, we can come under the influence of unwholesome peer pressure if we choose spiritually weak individuals

as our close associates. (1 Corinthians 15:33; 2 Thessalonians 3:14)

Q8. Why did Satan not suceed in getting Job to stop honoring Jehovah?

Why did Job have to say "maybe his sons (not his daughters?) have sinned" since all humans are sinners?

So sacrifices could only be done with livestock?

honor with his lips--did Job give in and believe that God was behind his problems?

(Job 27:2) . . .As God lives, who has taken away my judgment, And as the Almighty [lives], who has made my soul bitter,

(Job 30:20-21) 20 I cry to you for help, but you do not answer me; I have stood, that you might show yourself attentive to me. 21 You change

yourself to become cruel to me; With the full might of your hand you harbor animosity toward me.

Q9. What is our most precious possession?

close relationship with God--Where's Jesus? Oh, that's right this is an OT example.

limited knowledge of the truth--definition: see paragraph 10

Q10. (a) How did one of our sisters (not baptized initially) react to tests of integrity?

1945--20 years old, had 2 return visits made on her yet preached....would a jw student today be allowed to do so?

1953--resumed preaching, what could she preach after 2 return visits no publications or bible? "only other Bible that Valentina had ever seen was

the one in the hands of the brother who witnessed to her in 1945!" (and not the NWT)

(no scan for 11 through 13)
    Q11. (b) What powerful answer did this sister give to Satan?

In 1967, Valentina was set free and was finally able to symbolize her dedication to Jehovah by water baptism. She zealously used her freedom to

participate in the ministry until 1969. That year, however, she was again arrested, and this time she was sentenced to serve three years in prison.

Still, Valentina kept on preaching. Before she died in 2001, she had helped 44 people to learn the truth (to be come Christians?). She had spent

21 years in prisons and camps. She had been willing to give up everything, including her freedom, in order to maintain her integrity. At the end of

her life, Valentina said: "I never had my own place to live. All my possessions were in a single suitcase, but I was happy and content in serving

Jehovah (where's Jesus?)." What a powerful answer Valentina gave to Satan, who claimed that humans will not remain loyal to God in the face of

trials! (Job 1:9-11) We can be sure that she made Jehovah's heart rejoice and that he eagerly looks forward to the time when he will bring

Valentina and others who died faithful back to life by means of the resurrection.--Job 14:15.

1967--baptized 12 years after preaching since 1945

How many of the 44 people are still jws?

Q12. What role does love play in our relationship with Jehovah? (with Jesus?)

Our friendship with Jehovah is based on our love for him. We admire God's qualities and do whatever we can to live in harmony with his

purposes. Contrary to what the Devil claims, we give our love to Jehovah voluntarily and unconditionally (would jws do this if everlasting life was

not offered?) This heartfelt love strengthens us to maintain integrity under test. For his part, Jehovah "will guard the very way of his loyal

ones."--Prov. 2:8; Ps. 97:10.

Does the WTS even teach unconditional love?

*** w04 7/1 p. 5 God Really Cares About You ***

When the first human pair, Adam and Eve, were placed in the garden of Eden, Jehovah gave them the prospect of everlasting life in an earthly

paradise. However, he clearly wanted the earth to be populated by humans who would appreciate their heritage. Hence, he made their future life

prospects conditional. Adam and Eve would live in Paradise only as long as they remained subject to their loving Creator.

*** w02 9/1 p. 32 ‘Forgive One Another Freely’ ***

“If you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; whereas if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your

Father forgive your trespasses.” (Matthew 6:14, 15) Yes, God’s forgiveness of our sins is conditional, in part, on our readiness to forgive others.

*** w98 3/15 p. 12 par. 4 Dedication and Freedom of Choice ***

Note, too, that being God’s dedicated people was conditional. Only if they strictly obeyed God’s voice and kept his covenant would they be his

“special property.

Love moves us to honor the name of Jehovah, no matter how limited we may feel (or are made to feel by the elders or other "mature" jws in the

congregation). He sees our good motives and does not judge us if we cannot do all we (or the WTS) would like us to do. What counts is not only

what we do but also why we do it. Even though Job was grief-stricken and had endured much (at least he was still alive but not so his ten

children), he spoke to his accusers about his love for Jehovah's ways. (Read Job 10:12; 28:28) In the final chapter of the book of Job, God

expressed his anger toward Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar because they had not spoken the truth. At the same time, Jehovah indicated his

approval of Job by referring to him four times as "my servant" and by instructing him to intercede in behalf of the wrongdoers. (Job 42:7-9) May

we too act in such a way that Jehovah views us with favor (or the WTS and its representatives?)

we cannot do all WE would like to do--or rather what the WTS says we should do

Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar....not spoken the truth--the WTS, will they receive God's anger?

my servant

*** w53 11/15 p. 703 Questions From Readers ***

In the prophetic drama of Job he represents the faithful followers of Christ on earth at the end of this system of things, specially from 1918 onward.

He represents the anointed remnant of the body of Christ, how at that time they were afflicted, in captivity to Satan’s organization, Babylonish

Christendom in particular. They could not understand why Jehovah permitted this affliction from the world, and particularly from Christendom. They

did not appreciate just what Jehovah’s purposes were concerning them, and so it was appropriate for God to specially reveal himself to them as

the Supreme One of the universe and that the big issue was his universal domination over all creation, animate and inanimate. From and after

1918 Jehovah has made these points stand out. He has restored his people to a beautiful condition, theocratically speaking, where their flesh has

been restored to the days of their youth, and he has opened their eyes to see his supreme position, the issue before all creation, his universal

sovereignty.

Jehovah Supports His Faithful Servants

Q14: How did Jehovah help Job to correct his thinking?

Q14. Job maintained his integrity even though he was imperfect. Sometimes, under..........

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_061409_0005.jpg

Justifying himself...perhaps Job would have been told to "wait on Jehovah" like many jws have been when faced with similar lies from Eliphaz,

Bildad, and Zophar type jws.

So Job talked directly to God?? (see last week's article)

insignificance of man??? Then why all the talk about needing humans to give an answer to Satan's accusation?

Q15,16. In what ways does Jehovah provide help to his servants (only jws) today?

God offers kind, firm guidance = but do the elders?

his servants today--only jws (where's Jesus? Only place the WTS says "servants of Jesus."

*** w07 1/1 p. 29 par. 14 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way ***

Our attention is drawn to an altar of sacrifice. At its base are “the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the

witness work that they used to have.” (Revelation 6:9) Since “the soul [or, life] of the flesh is in the blood,” what is really represented as being at the

foot of the altar is the blood of faithful servants of Jesus who were slaughtered because of their bold and zealous witnessing.

complete Bible--who did develop the Bible canon and when was it "complete"?

close relationship with God (where's Jesus?)

How does the holy spirit aid jws?

phrase universal sovereignty is not in the bible, not even the NWT (see also "governing body" and "government")

Paragraph 16

spiritual food by means of "the faithful and discreet slave." (Matthew 24:45-47) PROOF?

Many a letter to the body of (jw) elders contains only this scripture to support their statements. Some don't even have that.

Q17. Illustrate the wisdom of sticking closely to the instruction of Jehovah's organization today.

They used Sheila's real name.............but when did this happen, this year, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?

So how long was the teacher gone that these students felt safe playing any board game?

So were there really demons or only the imagination of some impressionable students?

Does the WTS teach that demon activity is only the result of playing ouija?

The real point of this paragraph is that jws should be attending all the meetings and paying attention. And we wonder why there were so many

sensational "demon" stories going around the congregations. (see the articles below and how the WTS stirs up fear).

*** g79 3/8 pp. 30-31 Watching the World ***

Ouija Board Causes Abuse

A foster child was beaten and abused for over four years by guardians who believed in “messages” received from a Ouija board, charges a

lawsuit filed in Oregon. It is claimed that when something was missing in the house, the board would be consulted and the boy’s name would

usually be the answer. As a punishment, it is alleged that the boy was tied to a chair, then beaten with a fishing rod or a belt. He was also forced to

swallow spoonfuls of pepper, to chew and swallow large amounts of tobacco snuff, and was locked in his room for as long as three days while the

rest of the family relaxed at the beach.

*** g80 12/8 p. 7 The Fascination of the Occult *** (nothing before 1986)

Results of a Parlor Game

Persons merely curious about the occult are often lured into active involvement by means of allegedly harmless items such as Ouija boards. The

familiar boards are advertised and sold as a harmless parlor game. There is no question that the boards make a lot of money for the

manufacturer—but are they harmless? A lot of people don’t think so.

A popular Canadian singer tried to commit suicide several times after being invited by her board to “come to our side.” A lonely Alberta woman

was advised that she would meet ‘the man of her dreams’ at a Calgary night spot. She was beaten and raped instead. Just last year in Miami,

Florida, mass hysteria broke out when young students playing with a Ouija board claimed they were possessed by demons. “The whole school

went berserk,” said a police officer. Students kicked holes in walls and tore a door off its hinges. According to a teacher, “There were girls crying

and screaming that there was a spirit inside (the Ouija board).”

Clearly, persons lured into using a Ouija board as a ‘harmless parlor game’ are often not prepared for what may happen to them. Their fascination

with the occult produces results all right, but are they results that you would want?

Q18. What are personally resolved to do?

Was there an "organization" in Job's day? What was it? There was no nation of Israel.

stock closely to the instruction from God's organization--not the Bible?

regular meeting attendance--how many can a jw miss and stay under the radar?

Bible reading--by reading single scriptures in the publications (or not even that just seeing the scripture cited and not even looking it up)

study of Bible..........or Bible-based publications (only WT publications)

fellowship with MATURE Christians (only certain jws that judged "mature" by whom?)

Where's Jesus?

CONCLUDING COMMENTS
    Things are busy. Pardon this presentation. I hope you are enjoying the better weather and getting outside. We are our garden in and the flowers
    and are enjoying our little bit of paradise on earth now.

Next week, "Jehovah's Wisdom Observed in Creation." Maybe a good Sunday to take a ride in the country and have a picnic.

Love, Blondie

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks again Blondie, will be reading your review today......I always appreciate knowing what is being read to the folks in the KH, your service is very appreciated....

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Do jws realize that while Job's ten children might be resurrected that based on WT doctrine, they will never be able to marry or have children?

First of all, his children will not be resurrected, they will be recreated....who will be able to have children and marry in 'the new system'?

Today, Jehovah does this by means of his Word, his organization, and his holy spirit.

This statement in paragraph four amazed me, the organization being included between the Word and the spirit, talk about smacking of idolatry.....

• blondie
    blondie

Virginia, I might mention that I am bringing out what the WTS says about resurrection and they teach that those who are resurrected cannot marry and have children. I realize that other individuals or groups feel differently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit