1975 -What the Watchtower doesn't want you to know, new Video

by JWMediaFilms 38 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I no way try to excuse the articles, paragraphs etc. written, they speak for themselves - but how am I to know the sound clips are REAL? Playing the Devil's advocate, it is not at all possible for me to know that these are actual sound clips from conventions. Anyone in these days, with the whole resources of equipment that is at hand, can fake voices and make fake speeches.

So where are the transcripts? Where is the PROOF that these are the REAL voices and REAL sound clips?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Well, I recognize some of the audio used:

http://www.archive.org/details/ServingWithEverlastingLifeInView

http://www.archive.org/details/WhatIsTheSignficanceOf1975

But, some is from audio I don't have info on.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's great to have all the clips put together in one video. Thanks for this. I do want to question the editing of one piece at around one minute forty where Fred Franz is speaking about peoples expectations of everything occurring before 1975 is out. Having heard the full clip previously I seem to recall he added a caveat than not everything would have to occur before September 5th 1975, which is edited out of this video. Knowing what JWs are like (since I am one LOL), I think they are likely to seize upon this as being "conveniently left out" so in the interests of full disclosure it probably should have been left in. It certainly doesn't negate the rest but you know how their minds work (or don't).

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Great stuff,

I was studying in 1974, the elder taking the study rushed in before 75 to say we have only a few months to go, he later denied this.

We have a tape of "Fred Franze" giving a talk on that year.

How many lives have this Org. destroyed by their corrupt lying.

Do they realise they are bringing God into ALL these lies, down to this level of lies ………. of course they do !!!!!!!

KT

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you it is a good video.'

No doubt about it being Freddie.

I was, however, a little disappointed to hear the comment that the Society got rich out of '75.

That cannot be proved even if it is true, and on that type of video one looses credibility with that type of speculation.

There is enough we can prove and retain our credibility.

yesidid

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Kaytee said:

We have a tape of "Fred Franze" giving a talk on that year.

Is this a different lecture than what is currently available on the Internet? If so, would you be willing to have it made into a mp3 so that others could hear it?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I found one other lecture from Fred Franz in 1972 where he refers to the WT chronology as being "almost smack up" against 6,000 years, meaning that the Millennium was very close:

http://www.archive.org/details/1972FredFranzLectureGileadGraduation

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I actually think this sort of video would be far more powerful without any commentary at all. A JW cannot object to their own literature and recordngs of talks but the moment an apostate voice appeara, you have lost them.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Cabasilas

http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/eng_governingbody.html

We purchased the tape (now on a cd) from Ray Franz's site - link above

Details as below:

A copy of 1975 discourse by F. W. Franz, with observations by R. V. Franz), 60 minutes, available in three formats: cassette tape, compact disc, or directly downloadable as an MP3 audio file (13.7 MB), suitable for playback on computer or portable mp3 playback device (such as iPod).

The significance of this talk in the history of the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses is spelled out in Chapter 4 of the book "Crisis of Conscience". The voice recording not only verifies that presentation but audibly and vividly makes evident the intensity of the power struggle within that organization at the time of the talk.

Apologies if it sounded like we had some hugely different - I will have to play it again to see if it's the same talk as the one on this thread

Kaytee

• JWMediaFilms
    JWMediaFilms
    Cool!
    You sound kind of like Smokin in the Graveyard. Are you and he the same?

no, that is someone else.

Anyone in these days, with the whole resources of equipment that is at hand, can fake voices and make fake speeches.
    So where are the transcripts? Where is the PROOF that these are the REAL voices and REAL sound clips?

the full audo files are available to view or download on our website at www.truthbeforelies.com in the "watchtower publications" section. direct link:

• 1967 talk promising 1975 Armageddon.mp3
  • 1975 Franz_Fred What_is_the_Significance_of_1975.mp3
  • The Fred Franz one is over an hour long...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit