Evolution Tree has no Trunk

by Escargot 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

The apparent lack of fossil evidence in the Precambrian doesn't hurt the theory at all. And it certainly doesn't prove Gawd did it.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Lots of discoveries in the last 11 years only confirm evolution.

Precambrian rocks exist which show life had already been existing for millions of years.

Bear in mind too that the precambrian geology was even less favorable for fossils than today. Modern genetics also confirm evolution.

Hb

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I never read long cut and paste jobs like this. If someone wants to debate evolution, fine, but I am not going to waste my time trying to counter every silly argument in a cut and paste. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. The DNA evidence alone is confirmation enough, and more is being discovered every day. The only reason people believe half baked arguments like these is because they desperately want to hold onto their belief system in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

When I first read about the DNA evidence I thought, 'but aren't unrelated appliances made of the same materials, so maybe the DNA evidence just means these things were designed from the same components?'

That was a while ago and I never thought about it til now. I must do more research on this topic. It is very interesting.

• 5go
    5go

Not only do is there a trunk I do believe modern science is working on the roots of pre-life. So far the theories are in the early stages but they still beat the magic sky father poofing them into existence theory.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Maybe a magic sky father put them together from existing elements maybe than poofing them into existence. Or maybe life on earth is a junior high school science experiment gone wrong for some cosmic teenager with space pimples. Maybe we are the space pimple, and armageddon is the Big Squeeze.

• prologos
    prologos

It is not the trunk that counts it is the ROOT(S)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good point. A lot of shrubs don't even have trunks, they have roots and then branches.

• *lost*
    *lost*

prologos good point

• cofty
    cofty
    I thought, 'but aren't unrelated appliances made of the same materials, so maybe the DNA evidence just means these things were designed from the same components?' - Julia Orwell

What is even more compelling than the similarities in the coding parts of the genome is the identical errors and viral insertions.

If you were marking two essays and found they were very similar you may suspect plagiarism but it could be that the two students just used the same sources. If you found the exact same mistakes in spelling and grammar you would know that somebody had been copying.

As Cantleave said "The Common ancestry Thread" is a good place to start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit