Bible Based Marriage

by Georgiegirl 9 Replies latest social humour

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Apologize to those who find this offensive - I laughed til I cried. So true!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw

• oompa
    oompa

that was fantastic!!!........so many of these points were huge issues for me for years......esp all the rape allowed crap.......but having to marry your rapist who took your virginity has always disturbed me greatly........oompa

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This is great!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is great. I love it. More for the case that the Bible is not all inspired by God anyhow.

I have lost faith in marriage. Think about it. In the US, over half of all marriages end in divorce. Okay, so let's say that leaves 45 % of marriages that don't end in divorce. Now, count up those who stay married for the financial security only. Add staying married for the kids only. Add staying married because of religion only. Add staying married because divorce would cost one or both mates too much in accumulated property, retirement, etc. Add in those who have been married 40 or more years and divorce wuddint popiler when they wuz yung enuff to git one, but they's too old to git one currently. Add in those who stay married because some rich relative insists or the kids'll be written out of the will.

Well, you get the idea. What percent are staying married because they are compatible and truly love each other, or because they are happy? What? Like 10%?

Edited: some stay married just because they can't decide who will get the dog or they love the house they live in and can't agree who will get the house. Pretty sad. I think J. Geils mighta been on to something when they hit with "Love Stinks".

• blondie
    blondie

This tied together many of my questions to the elders over the years. When I found out it wasn't until 1947 that polygamy was finally outlawed in the WTS world, I was incensed.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

FHN, it wasn't until recent decades that people started marrying for love. Marriage was never about love. It was about finances and politics. When people wanted love they diddled someone else. The only reason to get legally married now is to be elligible for various monetary benefits. Marriage is a contract that deals with material matters, not emotional ones.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The idea and hope for love in marriage isn't necessarily new in every culture. It would be very nice if we could all be patient and find that right person and have a love that braves every storm. The reality is though, a lot of people have no idea how to determine who they are truly in love with and that would also be a good match for them. Andddd and it's a big and, there are those who never should marry anyone and a lot of them marry more than once in their lifetimes. I think as long as there are human beings on this earth, marriage will always be a tough go because human beings kinda bumble almost anything we touch.

• oompa
    oompa

i am pretty sure i hate you now fhn........oomps

not...but hope you understand

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek
    When I found out it wasn't until 1947 that polygamy was finally outlawed in the WTS world, I was incensed.

Wow! That's profound. Any source, Blondie?

Len

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oompa doll-face, care to explain?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit