American cities to be 'pruned'?

by besty 15 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

There is a town a few miles down the road from me, that sprang up over night essentially. The housing boom, and the proximity to the money in the Bay Area made for a thriving little town of overpriced 3000 square foot homes in the middle of nowhere. It topped the country for most underwater mortgages back late '08.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I lived in Detroit I agree with you PEC.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Besty's sucking on a cigar, or as we call them in this next of this woods a "Judge Rutherfords".

• besty
    besty

yep - a big fat JudgeR aka Monte Cristo + Christian Brothers Brandy on the rocks, California sunset and RHCP on the iPod is the closest I get to heaven

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Just returned from a week in Detroit. I seemed as if 60% of the homes were up for auction. It was without a doubt the most disturbing sight to see a city of that size reduce to almost nothing. Very sad.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If I don't want to pay to a/c a room, I close the door while the a/c is on. If there is any truth to this, I can see the logic in it. You never use your backyard pool? Fill it in with dirt. Plant some grass. Put in a garden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit