Please Watch and Comment

by jamiebowers 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
  • thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

This is a simple one to win:

His claim in this video is that they never said that 1975 would "FOR SURE" be the end. He is correct in that. They only implied it.

There is one time that they said that the end would come "FOR SURE"

thebigdebate

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    WT 1968 Aug 15th: One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”!

Beware, the Watchtower writers like to speak out of both sides of their mouths.

• sacolton
    sacolton

STAY ALIVE TIL 75!

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

From the Proclaimers Book - my comments are in bold

“Say, What Does This 1975 Mean?”

The Witnesses had long shared the belief that the Thousand Year Reign of Christ would follow after 6,000 years of human history. But when would 6,000 years of human existence end? The book Life Everlasting—In Freedom of the Sons of God, released at a series of district conventions held in 1966, pointed to 1975. Right at the convention, as the brothers examined the contents, the new book triggered much discussion about 1975. Hmm, I wonder why there was so much discussion? The book only had a chart pointing to 1975 as the beginning of Christ’s reign on earth.

At the convention held in Baltimore, Maryland, F. W. Franz gave the concluding talk. He began by saying: “Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said, ‘Say, what does this 1975 mean?’” Brother Franz then referred to the many questions that had arisen as to whether the material in the new book meant that by 1975 Armageddon would be finished, and Satan would be bound. He stated, in essence: ‘It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.’ See, everything was cleared up at a convention in Baltimore. And if you didn’t happen to be in Baltimore? Well that’s your problem. And if you were in Baltimore? Well Fred couldn’t be any more concise in his answer, could he? Granted, his answer may be over some of your heads. So let me sum it up “Could, not saying, possible, not saying, no time, no question”. There you go, case closed.

In the years following 1966, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses acted in harmony with the spirit of that counsel. However, other statements were published on this subject, and some were likely more definite than advisable. This was acknowledged in The Watchtower of March 15, 1980 (page 17). But Jehovah’s Witnesses were also cautioned to concentrate mainly on doing Jehovah’s will and not to be swept up by dates and expectations of an early salvation. “some were likely more definite than advisable”.In case you missed that statement this is how corporate lawyers say “We screwed up!”

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

From what I can tell, the videomaker took the cowardly way out and will only allow comments by those he approves. Wonder why, (LOL!)? I hope someone responds by making their own video entitled, "What Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Want You to Know".

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I would comment, but I'm pretty much certain that anyone who becomes a JW or stays one has only himself/herself to blame. The "truth" will come out.

• oompa
    oompa

didnt nearly every awake preface say it would all be over in our century??.......as if it would not make it til 2000??......geeze that was annoying........oompa

• middleman
    middleman

Here's what I emailed to him...

"Can you please make a video showing these other 1975 related quotes to share with the Youtube community, to tell the full story? There's much more than listed below, but I won't bore you with the details unless you would like to see them. True to form, the Society was talking out of both sides of it's mouth. Using some "opt out clause" statements ALONG with definitive statements to mix and muddy the waters. Thank-you for your time. BTW, why do you disable the comments? What do you have to hide? You and I both know what it is.

Here's some I would like you to include ok? (Emphasis mine)

1968 October 8 p.13
    "The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that ONLY A FEW YEARS, AT MOST, REMAIN before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God."

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that YOU WILL NEVER GROW OLD in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years."

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How (1971) p.216
    "Shortly, WITHIN OUR TWENTIETH CENTURY, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

1980 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses pp.30-31
    "The brothers also appreciated the candor of this same talk, which acknowledged the Society's responsibility for SOME of the disappointment a number felt regarding 1975."

Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom p.104
    "Brother Franz then referred to the many questions that had arisen as to whether the material in the new book meant that by 1975 Armageddon would be finished, and Satan would be bound. He stated, in essence: 'It could. But we are not saying…. However, other statements were published on this subject, and some were likely MORE DEFINITE than advisable."

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you, middleman! I found a video response, and here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ&feature=channel_page

So, this numbnuts got the textual quotes from you and the talk quotes from JWMediaFilms. Both of you did a fabulous job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit