Does anyone here celebrate holidays? Why?

by Rocky_Girl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yes, I do. As an atheist I'm still open to holidays that may have religious origins, as long as I get presents.

• lettib74
    lettib74

Yes, everything and anything! The kids and I love to decorate especially for Halloween! The whole front yard is filled with ghosts & gouls in our makeshift graveyard! If it's a holiday we will celebrate it! I love reliving my childhood all over again through my kids!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I celebrate the holidays because it's FUN. So far, my kids really enjoy the major holidays, too.

• screwproof
    screwproof

Stated by LouBelleI celebrate if I want too - I don't make a huge sing and dance about it.

Once can't have double standards and allow some paganism in and shun others (eg JW belief of birthdays/christmas....they should look at what wedding rings and ties mean)

LouBelle, I have seen your picture before, I believe it was on MIRC. Do you visit a certain server there?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I try my best but with a JW wife it can be difficult...

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I think I go overboard with the decorating also. Making up for lost time I suppose. The first year I decorated my own Christmas tree, both of the trees for work, my future MIL let me help with hers and my friend from school. It was fun!

I agree that there are many reasons to celebrate that have nothing to do with religion, or pagans! I just listed why we did it. Thanks for all of your reasons.

Angie

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Not really don't like to celebrate anything that has to do with spiritualism, that includes Halloween , Easter, Christmas etc.

But I certainly partake and celebrate non-spiritual occasions like birthdays Father's day , Mothers day and so forth.

The reasons being that anything to do with Spiritualism is just human ignorance redone.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i do not instigate holiday celebrations
    but am not adverse to sharing festivities
    with those who make the effort to invite me.....

i serioulsy hate holiday advertising, esp xmas

• Free
    Free

Fuckin A right I do, It's all about family, Thats why they didn't want you celebrating anything, You see, The Old fucks in Brooklyn are all about breaking down the family to control the flock. " If you have greater love for whoever you are not worthy of me" " Members of your own family will be your worst enemys "

You know the verses, Forgive me, I forgot the exact words used but I heard those many times when I started to study.

If your family wants to have a party to remember invisible baby Gods , Then might as well enjoy the Ham, I always bring up the fact on these occasions about believing

in invisible things, Some of these beings are cheering for you and others wanting to destroy you. They have nothing ever to say after they think about it besides " Its in your heart or I just know " yeah yeah yeah !!!

A wise man once said " Shit in one hand and Wish in the other, See which one fills up faster " Party on folks

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I celebrate everything that I can. This year will be our first christmas tree.

Why do I celebrate. Because it is fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit