If a Dog's Parents Came to Visit ...

by compound complex 7 Replies latest social humour

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

John Doe's thread to restrangled about the felicity of owning a dog gave rise to the above thread title.

Is there a story here? Use your imagination, even if it gives out after a few lines.

Woof!

CoCo

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

it's better to be a women instead of a dog,

otherwise I would have to sniff my inlaws butts.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I know this is going to be dumb because I have never really written a story before, but here goes...

The doorbell rang. Weeks of anxious anticipation finally culminated when I opened the door as the Courier dropped off the large crate with 2 Dogs inside. It was Stella and Jake! My dog Chelsea wagged her tail as she ran to the door to see what the raucus was all about. She went to the crate, took a sniff as her eyes widened then let out a joyful yelp. It was Mommy and Daddy! She looked at me, (her surrogate Daddy) to hurry up and open the crate. As I bent down to undo the latch, Chelsea planted a big, wet, sloppy kiss on me, drenching my face with warm Doggie slobber. Upon opening the crate, the Dogs ran out and made a playful lunge towards Chelsea. Tails wagging, hips swaying from excitement. Chelsea turned, and in Doggy fashion, started sniffing the rears of her parents, and they likewise in unison did the same. Chelsea's face lit up. Yep, It really is Mommy and Daddy, said the look in her eyes! It had been far too long since Chelsea had seen her parents. After a few moments of fanfare, and squats to relieve their happy pees, I motioned for them all to come inside.

Upon entering, Stella started sniffing around and eyeing up the place to make sure her little girl is being provided for in the manner to which she was accustomed, and a tail wag and a hearty "Ruff" confirmed that I had been doing a job well done. Toys everywhere, all the latest in Doggie goods, and, most importantly the big cookie jar sitting on the coffee table filled with all different kinds of treats. It seems that Jake found the Cookie jar first thing, and was sitting there anxiously waiting to sample its rich bounty. I lifted the lid, and they all sat for a treat. Jake loved the Carob cookie, Stella was particularly appreciative of the Bacon Krunchy, and Chelsea got her all time favorite, a cheese-filled Marrow Bone. They all looked at me with puppy dog eyes for more. Nuh-Uh I scolded, it is too close to dinner time! The Dogs took their cue, and explored the house, sniffing, looking, and jumping around. After a few minutes, tongues hanging, and a few heavy pants, they drank from their water bowls, looked for a comfy spot, naturally choosing my bed, and took a little nap until dinner.

Jake was the first to awaken, and his sniffing nose drew him right into the kitchen. I was making Chelsea's homemade stew. Fresh liver and chicken, cooked with wild rice, veggies, sweet potato and other goodies simmered until just right. It didn't take long for the other Dogs to arise from their slumber, stomachs hungrily growling for food. Impatiently they sat in the kitchen. Waiting. The food had to cool off, so I opened the back door so they could go outside to play and do their Doggy business. Reluctantly they went, afraid they might miss out on something. "Don't worry, it will still be here" I said playfully.

After a short while, everything was ready, and as soon as I opened the door, the Dogs excitedly ran in, practically bowling each other over knowing it was time for their long awaited dinner.

In what seemed to them an eternity, they waited as I put the bowls down, then in one fell swoop the Dogs descended upon the bowls as if they had never eaten before. "Slow down" I said. "The food's not going anywhere you big mangey mutts" I jokingly bellowed. Several slurps and licks later, the food was devoured, not a morsel was left. All bowls were spotlessly clean, but, as is usual custom with the canine type, they made it a point to lick them again, just by some off chance something had been missed. "Waste not, want not" the famous motto says. That saying MUST have come from a Dog! Bellies full, an air of contentment filled the room, and all was well in the world.

Daddys' work is done for the evening I thought, ready to crash in front of the computer. That is until Chelsea grabbed her leash and dropped it at my feet. "Now how could I have forgotten that" thinking to myself, as I gather all 3 leashes, and each Dog sat in unison so I could put on their leashes. Walk time was wonderful, the evening was cool with a slight breeze. Good thing I remembered to bring extra bags because now I was picking up after 3 mongrels instead of the usual one! "You Dogs are full of poop!" I joked as I grabbed Chelsea's tail and wagged it with my hand.

Before long, bedtime came. I said "Time for Night Night", and the Dogs proceeded to enter my bedroom and jump on the bed. Stella jumped first and headed for the pillows. Chelsea and Jake jumped up at the same time, and as they jumped, I heard the usual "Vriiip" but it came from the rear end of both Dogs! I laughed and said to Chelsea "Now I know where you got that from"! I always find it funny that Chelsea does that, I tell her that she has jet-propulsion, then praise her for giving me a good laugh.

Now it is time for me to lay down, but soon realize there is no room. Stella has the pillows, Jake is at the foot of the bed, and, as usual, Chelsea is sprawled out longways across the middle. Usually I can fight for some room on what is supposed to be MY bed when there is only one Dog, but it appears that tonight may not be one of those nights. "All right, somethings gotta give" I said as I scooted the Dogs around so I could have a little space of my own. After several sighs from being moved around, all were comfy, and I was surrounded by my favorite creatures. All was good in our little Universe.

Next thing I knew, the Sun was up, and it was time once again to repeat the day. I dreaded the thought of Stella and Jake going home and I knew Chelsea would miss them too. So, I made arrangements for them to stay so we could be a big, happy family. Excitement filled the house for days. The only thing I needed to work on was sleeping arrangements. Three Dogs and a Human cannot fit on a Queen sized bed! What to do, what to do...

The King-sized bed will be here on Thursday!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Excellent, ohiocowboy!

It's hard to believe that you've never written a story before.

As a dog lover, you have carried the canine day with your heart and your humorous story line. What a happy surprise to come home from my own late evening walk and find this gem awaiting!

Many thanks to you and aSphere for joining in.

CoCo

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you for your kind thoughts! I love Dogs so much!

I am truly amazed at your writings as well as your artwork. Will you please write a story on this thread? I know it will be awesome!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks again, OCB.

I appreciate your comments very much, believe me. I wrote one dog story before on JWD, so I'll see if I can casually slip into the thread a visit of poochie's parents. The mother's from Germany and the dad from Australia.

I could make something of it ...

Perhaps?

CoCo

• A Robin
    A Robin

My dog only lets me live with him because I have opposable thumbs.

• compound complex
    compound complex

A Robin:

Welcome to the board and thanks for your reply ...

Are these thumbs opposable enough?!?!?!?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit