prince in trouble

by mouthy 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• mouthy
    mouthy

Prince was on the prowl again last night, making an unscheduled appearance at the Apollo Theater’s 75th anniversary celebration to toast Patti LaBelle.

But the real buzz on Prince is that his much reported hip problems of the past have now turned into need for a double hip replacement.

Unfortunately, thanks to his practice as a Jehovah’s Witness, Prince still refuses surgery. JW’s don’t believe in blood transfusions.

“He’s in a lot of pain,” said a source who was backstage with him last night at the Apollo. “He’s popping pain killers and hoping it will all go away.”

But it won’t. Back in 2005 reports surfaced that Prince needed one hip replaced. He declined. Then again in 2007 and 2008 came more reports that he’d finally agreed to “secret surgery.”

Now the diminutive R&B star is walking with a diamond-studded stick to keep him upright. It’s the same stick I saw him with two nights ago at a post-Tony Awards bash. I’m sure he’d rather have a Raspberry beret or a little red Corvette, but for now Prince is stuck with the stick.

The question is: if it gets worse, will he go to a wheelchair?

• poppers
    poppers

My question is how you got invited to a post-Tony Awards bash?

• mouthy
    mouthy

My question is how you got invited to a post-Tony Awards bash?

I got friends in high places

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Come on with his money he could have the most expensive bloodless surgery around. This is just him being paranoid.

• Scully
    Scully

Or maybe he's convinced that Armageddon-Is-Right-Around-The-Corner™ and that undergoing surgery would show lack of faith.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It seems to me that a hip replacement can be performed without a need for blood. I can find out from a orthopedic friend of mine that does these all the time.

BTS

• Quandry
    Quandry

He’s popping pain killers and hoping it will all go away.

Oh, no. I hope he doesn't get addicted to pain killers...this is not the JW way. He could be df'd for drug abuse. He should be reading his Bible and taking his cane out in field service.

And by the way....why was he at this "worldly gathering?"

• StAnn
    StAnn

Realize that I would never wish anything bad upon Prince BUT, if he had bloodless surgery and either died or had massive problems, it sure would bring the whole blood issue to the fore in the press. Not that I'm wishing for it but, if it happened, I'd trumpet it loudly.

Of course, if he had bloodless surgery and did great, the WTS would use it as publicity ad nauseum.

Do you think if he died, they'd put Prince's face on the cover of Awake mags showing that he died for his faith?

St. Ann

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My jw mom had both hips replaced, presumably without blood.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I think Prince is either being paranoid, or this is a publicity stunt.

There are hospitals that offer bloodless surgery and I would imagine other JWs have had successful hip replacement without blood transfusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit