Did you like 80's music?

by John Doe 87 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I was unaware that Don Johnson was a singer. I came across this, and couldn't help laughing. There was certainly a lot of emotion in this genre, but this is intense enough to border on comedy. I say this is ripe for parody. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULI5kolBpAk

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

No, I didn't like 80's music. But he's easy on the eyes.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Maybe it's just me, but I can't help thinking the lyrics are too close to that phrase about nailing anything with a heartbeat. Anyone else think that?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Not much of a 80's music fan but I was part on the MTV generation so I sure knew the songs word for word. Billy Idol's White Wedding comes to mind.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Most 80's music is best left in the 80's. It's fun for nostalgia sometimes, but not great stuff for the most part.

I've only seen Don Johnson in one thing that I kinda liked. "A Boy and his Dog" from a Harlan Ellison story.

• dinah
    dinah

I miss The Cult and Tesla.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

The 80's didn't have all bad music, sure the pop music and the hair metal were just complete rubbish, but Sonic Youth, The Pixies, The Cure, The Smiths, The Smithereens, Joan Jett, Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits, Agnostic Front, The Dead Kennedys, and many more bands were fantastic.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I miss the "hair bands".

• John Doe
    John Doe

Aerosmith was around in the 80's. As was, ZZ Top, Metalica, George Jones, Conway Twitty, Johnny Cash, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and various others. I like all of these bands.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I miss the "hair bands".

I hate hair metal to the point I don't think I can even be friends with people who like hair bands LOL.

Yes Metallica was in the 80's, Megadeth and Slayer as well. Johnny Cash was around but far from inspired. I'm not a huge country fan, so I can't talk much on that subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit