$175 Tax on Every Cow ("Fart Tax")

by skeeter1 49 Replies latest social current

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

BTS,

Don't highjack my Cow Fart thread with throwing tomotoes into the discussion. LOL.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Obama owns your tomatoes now, Comrade.

I've read the bill, and while the general direction is disturbing, it really doesn't impose anything new on small, independently-owned farms. Basically, it requires some sort of a plan for outlining procedures to prevent cross-contamination. You can get a visit at any time by a gov official to verify you have the plan in place and are following the procedures. Like I said, while the bill itself is disturbing (and those supporting it), I didn't find anything egregious about it that would pose a hardship on small farm operations. (The bill was designed for larger operations where food contamination can pose a huge threat. )

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Actually, most of the methane comes out the front.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Insect flatulence could be a problem too, but I don't know how they could go about taxing that.

W

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Just wait till they start "sin" taxing the rest of you for buying Little Debbie Snack Cakes.

Just wait till your boss takes up a collection in a fart jar next to the time clock.

Just wait until every business, restaurant and home are required to have a methane alarm right beside the smoke detectors. No longer a question of "who dun it". All will be guilty by association. And when the alarm goes off ADT will answer by sending the fart patrol out to write tickets.

Just wait till they go after the farm dogs, too. That's next. Dog farts can be really really bad. (Just say no to kibbles and bits...that's the worst dog fartin food ever!)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well then!!!! They should give tax credits to people who have trees growing on their properties. Also grass. Grass soaks up carbon dioxide. Count how many blades of grass, i mean how many square feet of lawn or grass the person/farmer has, and give credits. Sometimes, i can't hardly believe what i'm reading, it's like out of a george orwell book, or something.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

And, what about onions, and other fart producing foods??? Tax those bitches at the source! Joggers produce more than their fair share of co2. Tax those bastards. (Starting tio rant, here.)

S

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

so...all this whining....when are people going to take some action about this?

And what will they do?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm gonna fart all i can, while i still can.

S

• dinah
    dinah
    want to brutally violate the cornholes through regressive taxation.

Burns, I love it when you talk dirty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit