child abuse is a catholic problem according to public talk

by bereanbiblestudent 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Will Power
    Will Power

How did you get three different ones?

• yknot
    yknot

MP3s are passed around like tapes used to be..........

In our circuit the Brothers also use them as auditions.

I picked three that couldn't be associated to my circuit.....

I noticed that JWBrothers had another ....

http://www.jwbrothers.org/genre_home.php?cid=Public%20Talks

• Gayle
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My sister, according to her pattern, will shun me and then miss me so much that she finds a "reason" to seek me out and speak to me again. Well, right now she is speaking to me again to give me medical information.

She told me last week that my father was mistreated by his mother. She told me, again, that Dad went to the priest at his church, who turned around and went to his parents, who freaked out. My sister acted like this was a terrible thing and thought it would be a good thing to tell me. My dad and his parents and the priest were Episcopalians. She said Dad was angry with his priest for talking to his parents. She blamed this for my dad wanting nothing more to do with the "chrisitan god" from then on. Dad is a lot Native American and he chose instead to worship the Great Spirit.

I told her that it's admirable that the priest at least tried to help Dad. This would have been during the 1930's. I told her that Jehovah's Witness elders probably would have swept the whole thing under the rug. I told her Jehovah's Witnesses don't deal with child abuse, even now when adults are much more enlightened about child abuse and how to handle it. Then she stammered and told me that the brothers need the testimony of two or more witnesses, in order to do anything. I could tell by the tone of her voice that she knew what she said was illogical. She had just been telling me that she blames our mother more than Dad for not believing her when she confronted Dad in front of mother. So my sister is angry with mother for not believing her, allowing the abuse to continue. But my sister thinks it's okay for the elders not to intervene on the pleas of child for help, when there is only the child's word.

I told my sister that Jehovah's Witnesses don't handle child abuse better than other churches and do not protect children from abuse and face even worse problems because of the two witness rule. I dropped the conversation and hope that she will think about it all more.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

okay after I heard that talk I would have got all the info I could have on the JW cases and dressed in all black, gloves, hair net and stuck that all over the damn doors of the kingdom hall and spray painted "LIARS"

yeah that would have seriously got me MAD MAD MAD

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

It probably was the speakers illustration that compares to the part were one of the speakers in ynot´s uploaded mp3 speeches has an illustration of false religion where a girl who´s husband died had to have sex against her will with a family member to appease the dead.

• yknot
    yknot

Regarding the in-law sex......... UMM did anyone else feel like smacking the speaker with an open Bible turned to Gen 38!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit