How to raise awareness about child abuse.

by DATA-DOG 29 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks for the comments! Just remember that it only takes one X-dub celeb to care. It could snowball from that point!

Dont you think the time is right??

DD

• talesin
    talesin

I know that JaRule (sp?) has spoken about his JW upbringing, and I think, of all the celebs, he might be one that would be supportive. Anyone from his hometown?

Here's a thought .... how about a celeb who has a personal interest in this because of their own life experience (and maybe even a 'recovering Scientologist like Lisa Remini, who is speaking out about the cult), who would 'take up the cause'.

... just a thought

• flipper
    flipper
    DATA-DOG- Yes indeed- I think the time is right. I really like your idea . Those of us who twitter ( unfortunately I don't ) should twitter our asses off to these people's twitter accounts that have been printed here. So all you Tweeters out there on this board - GO FOR IT ! Tweet away ! Let's all do what we can to expose this criminal organization
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Has anyone tried to contact a celebrity yet? The pbs and nightline videos would certainly get their attention at first, and then we could take it from there. That's my opinion, anyway.

My only other suggestion would be to maybe coordinate with Aawa (Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses), as they already have experience with using social media, and it might be better coming from them if an official proposal were to be made. I'll leave it with you Data-Dog. I'd say don't let past mistakes get in the way of getting something done, that's all I'm saying. They have done some good work in exposing the Watchtower.

Good luck to everyone that gets involved in this.

http://aawa.co/about-aawa/contact-us/

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

BTTT

Is there not even one person who likes Data-Dogs idea, who also uses Twitter??

Don't let this idea die. It deserves better.

• blondie
    blondie

I wouldn't limit myself to just abuse in the WTS but all abuse in religious organizations and secular organizations like the Boy Scouts.

SNAP (snapnetwork.org) has been combatting this since 2002 and works with more than Catholic organizations.

Check to see what the reporting laws are in your area and how to strengthen them.

SNAP has regional support groups in just about every state and has branched out to many other countries.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

http://incogtweet.com/

This page apparently lets you tweet anonymously.

I just sent the pbs video to Luke Evans (@TheRealLukevans) using incogtweet, asking whether he knew about this issue.

I've no idea whatsoever how\if it will be received or replied to, but nobody else seems to be trying anything, so at least I gave it a shot.

Can someone with tweeting knowledge please give this a go?

Some links and suggestions are provided on page 1 <<

Keep it short and simple. Someone else needs to take this on, someone who knows what they are doing.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I just tweeted Naomi Campbell the following:

@NaomiCampbell How do you feel about this PBS report https://youtu.be/hKFThyNKU1w ? I read you were a JW on www.jwfacts.com .

According to www.jwfacts.com Naomi Campbell was a JW and according to her Twitter page she is also an activist. Since I established a Twitter account as NoDangerousOrgs, I will probably send more messages to other exJWs/JWs once I am more confident about tweeting.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I posted the Reveal News / PBS story on my Facebook page, then friends posted, and their workmates became aware. Pretty good results! My DIL was being shunned at work, she is not DF'd, but does not attend my son WAS DF'D for being a truth teller, NOW her boss & worldly coworkers are aware & supportive! Awareness does grow exponentially! :-)
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

child abuse

Do you mean sexual abuse of children? The term sexual abuse is clear and does not need to be explained, I think . "Child abuse" though can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit