Did You Get Sick Of "Waiting On Jehovah"?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I HATED it when I heard elders and other Witnesses tell a suffering person, "Just wait on Jehovah". If a person continued waiting (and suffering) they were told that Jehovah was "allowing" them to be tested.

Too many people waited for nothing!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

my favorite "wait on Jehovah" moment was when a young sister in my first congregation was DF'd for moving in with her "up to that moment in time" secret boyfriend. One of the brothers asked her why she did not "wait on Jehovah" for a spiritual brother to marry. She replied that she did wait and Jehovah kept sending losers, so she went out on her own to find a guy.

• minimus
    minimus

Good one!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

and for her, that was years ago. Last I heard, she did split with the guy {Jehovah punisher her}. However, the part of the story that the JWs never mention is she ended up marrying another guy {not a JW} and they are doing great. Couple kids and a good job, nice house.

• gubberningbody
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When it got to be getting towards the end of the twentieth century, I really got to be thinking that the "waiting" was getting a bit tedious, and stretching our credibility ............. That was thinking of the WTS, not the Bible because I knew that it contained no dates

The most grotty counsel ,and manipulative , was when I was not at that time recommended for eldership, having moved congo's...

"Wait on Jehovah's due time" "God has his plan for you" "Be like Moses, who waited 40 years and became the meekest of men"

In other words, somebody screwed up the smooth transfer and the elders could not agree.....

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, whenever they screwed up they'd blame it on Jehovah.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, definitely! I lived in fear for my life during most of my six and a half year marriage. My jw husband's psychiatrist and the judge that signed a forced committment order convinced me that Jehovah wasn't ever going to how up.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Still waiting on Jehovah...

• oompa
    oompa

i was stuck in a revolving door for 45 years.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit