JW wedding announcement

by JWdaughter 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20090607/LIFESTYLE1102/90604024

Anyone else have any visceral reaction to this? The entire announcement creeped me out.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

It was ok until the bit at the end about wanting to become missionaries.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Its sad they are not getting an education. But I hope they have a long and happy life.

But it did bother me that someone posted a comment about lawsuits. Attacking the WT and the GB is all fine and good. But doing it on someones wedding announcement article is a little bit of a low blow.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

My gaydar is beeping at that photo.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20090607/LIFESTYLE1102/90604024

Kendale Thompson & Brittany Whitesell were engaged on November 12th. The couple will wed on June 20th at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Noblesville, Indiana.

The bride¬to¬be is a 2005 home school graduate and is currently employed as a teller at M&I Bank in Westfield, Indiana. She is the daughter of Dave & Gracie Whitesell of Westfield.

The groom-to-be is the son of Steve & Gina Thompson of Modoc. He is a 2007 home¬school graduate, self¬employed farmer, and is currently in classes to become a respiratory therapist.

Both Kendale & Brittany are full¬time ministers for Jehovah's Witnesses with a long¬term goal of becoming missionaries together. They will reside near Modoc.

http://cmsimg.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C7&Date=20090607&Category=LIFESTYLE1102

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

He has the look of a pedophile! Creepy!!

Did ya'll see the reply someone posted? Directing them to a link to learn the real truth behind JW's!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Oh dear! (And that's all I can say about that)

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    He has the look of a pedophile! Creepy!!

This is an unfair statement.....the couple is identified by name on this site, statements like this just reenforce the views that JWs have of non-JWs (but they should not be on here reading this stuff anyway, should they Reniaa)

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I don't find this wedding announcement creepy at all. It seems to me that it could have been about any number of us on this board at one time in our lives.

I prefer to keep my righteous indignation for the WT Society. That's the real culprit. The individual JWs are just victims of it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I know that several things about it just screamed "stereotypical JW" and I was disturbed and saddened to see it. 2 homeschooled JWs(I don't think these are classically educated people, they likely got the AWAKE 'college education' so resolutely touted by the WTS. )Being pioneers, wanting to be missionaries. . .I just think how screwed they are when one or both gets a clue. Either way, their entire families are both likely in up to their necks. There was minor 'gaydar' going on, but that is pretty subjective on my part and in any case, NOMB. It is mostly how immersed they were in the WT and just thinking of you all and what you have gone through to get out. They were both obviously immersed in the JW thing and to an extent, still are-but they are getting older and moving out of the cocoon-what will they find?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit