How far will they go???

by vikesgirl101 9 Replies latest jw friends

• vikesgirl101
  • vikesgirl101
  • vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Bummer, my post didn't work the firts time. So here goes. Two elders snuck in to my secured apartment building to reprimand me this week. I wondered how they got in. My land lord said they apparantly snuck in when someone was going out of the main entrance. He said they would take it up with management, because NO religious organizations are allowed on the property.

I have many issues with this.

1. I am in a secured building. You were not buzzed in. That is tantamount to breaking in.

2. If you look for someone to come in or out of the building...and stick with me here...how long have you been driving by and watching my building?

3. Why don't either of this 45 year old men have jobs? I know for a fact I do. I worked night shift. I was woke up. Thanks!!

So how low can they go to intimidate people? Is it me, or are the above tactics tacky and unethical?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I'm glad that you reported them to your land lord. He might be able to nail them for trespassing if it can be proved they got in past security measures and you didn't authorize them as visitors.

I believe that this is even beyond WTS recommendations on reprimanding someone. They can invite you to the KH for such a purpose and you have the right to appear, answer by mail or not respond to them at all.

But, cornering someone in their home by evading security measures could even be viewed as stalking.

Physical stalking, by legal definition. involves someone appearing at a person's home or place of business, following them, writing harassing letters or leaving unwanted objects, harassing phone calls, and vandalizing property. All of this with the intent to make you feel intimidated or harrassed. If someone is sending you unwanted, harrassing or threatening emails/images, that's cyberstalking

I'd say that waiting outside your building, sneaking in and waking you up to confront you might just have crossed the line into stalking behavior, especially if they are causing you to be alarmed, which is psychological harm. You might want to call the police and ask, and then make a report if they think it's valid harassment and stalking.

Even if it's not, they can sometimes call on people and give them a little talking to about such behavior. I reported a neighbor of mine for stalking(he walked in a few times when I had the door unlocked, no knocking or warning!) and although he wasn't charged, the discussion he had with the police scared the crap out of him.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I had the same problem. What worked for me is I changed my phone #. Only my real freinds have it. Put a do not disturb sign on my door. My kids have the keys and let themself in. It works!! they read the sign and go away. If they ignor it and knock,no one awnswers.

It took a while untill they got the mesage. After 15 years most of them moved. They forgot what I look like and I forget what they look like.

I did meet an elder who knew me but we talk about the weather that was a year ago. Oh I forgot I went to see a JW in the hospital he was the only one I liked he was my age. I had to see him and say goodbye and just be at his side every day untill went to sleep. His family were all JWs and knew me. After that episode I just went under ground again. It a shame you have to do it that way, but thats the way cults work. (easy to get into and very hard to leave)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Complain to the apartment manager..Call the police...........JW`s don`t like being hounded by the authoritys..Turn the tables..........................OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If it happens again don't open the door and call the police.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This is very unsettling. Obviously it is implied that you are in a place that will be safe from such threats by your apt complex "offering" security as part of your tenancy agreement. Someone should be held responsible. Just my 2 cents...but what if you come down on the apt manager for lax security...then would they should be responsible to do the dirty work of confronting the perps?

Were there any security cameras in place that can be reviewed to show if these thugs stood around the door for an hour waiting for their 'break' to get in?

How would your apt mgmt feel if they knew word would get out that their security is not secure? Use it for leverage and make them pursue this case with the perps.

You will need some concrete evidence. Maybe someone knows who let them in. Everyone in the bldg should be questioned. Suppose someone had a visitor leaving and the thugs were allowed in by someone who does not live there?

There really should be a camera around.

Definitely make a police report. If mgmt. falls short in doing their job to track this down and investigate, then you will have the police for back up. You would need to do this right away.

I would let those two entities do the fighting for you.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Thank you so much for all your great advice. I didn't want to blow it out of proportion, but this does seem like a real issue. I think I will start talking to other residents. I did move here because the elders kept showing up at my door. Security was a major factor for moving in. Their lack of respect is unnerving.

Thanks everyone!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't obey rules. Even if you are a known apostate, and have prominent No Trespassing signs up, you are still not safe from their hounding and harassment. And, if they want you badly enough, they will not hesitate to resort to anything to get you back, and then host you for the purpose of force-indoctrinating you. As it is, they are already breaking and entering if they enter your premises without your permission, and that warrants getting charged with trespassing or possibly even burglary (depending on how severe the incident is).

I think a prominent report of the witlesses committing a burglary, even if nothing was stolen, would generate quite a bit of embarrassment for them. They are doing this to intimidate and coerce you to go back (which might be enough to warrant a burglary charge), and for sure they do not want to be known as Jehovah's Burglars. Not only that, but if they are given nice long jail terms plus some serious embarrassment, that might make them think twice before showing up to physically drag you back to their Kingdumb Hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit