Is there scientific evidence for an afterlife? This video thinks so...

by middleman 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• middleman
  • JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Good one...since I left JW's I can examine of all the options available out there...that is the gift of freedom

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Near-death experiences have been analyzed by Science. These people were NEAR to death, not dead.
    Do some googling and read how credible scientists have looked at this, also see how the near-death experiences of Christians reveals Jesus, but the near-death experience of non-Christians reveals Allah or Buddha or something else. Children who had no formal religious training have seen their Grandmother or another relative in their mind at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes, Grandma wasn't even dead yet, so she wasn't really there in that "afterlife."

The bright light at the end of the tunnel is a cutting off from the true senses and the brain's visual cortex being flooded with signals from the synapses. The brain is deprived of oxygen and goes a bit heywire in these near-death experiences.

I wonder if anyone actually found a "red shoe" on the roof of the hospital in the case sited in this video after the woman said there was a red shoe there, or if this is just a bogus story enhanced from a vague story in order to bolster the claim.

A majority of people believing in something doesn't mean it's true. The majority of people do not believe in Christianity. So we could abandon it if "majority rules." Even if I were told that a majority of near-death cases sited similar experiences, I would want to know why in scientific terms.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Horse shit.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

What OnTheWayOut said.

NDEs have been replicated under controlled circumstances when there was no danger of the patient dying.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

In any case, these are subjective, personal experiences. They hardly constitute "scientific evidence."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit