David Carradine commits suicide

by John Doe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
  • Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

That's too bad. I hated the show Kung Fu. He recently hosted a series on the History Channel called "Wild West Tech." I have watched every episode several times, partly because I liked David. He brought a certain flair to the show. I was hoping that they would make more episodes. David will be missed. I wish his family well.

• John Doe
    John Doe

He was 72. I wonder how common suicide is for a person of that age.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

what ? grasshopper?

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

That is weird that an older person would commit suicide!

Wasn't he also the mean husband to Madolyn in the North and South miniseries?

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"That is weird that an older person would commit suicide!"

Not really. Seniors have a huge suicide rate.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Not really. Seniors have a huge suicide rate.

I've read that white, middle aged males have the highest suicide rate. I would imagine older person suicides are often health related, no?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Mr. Carradine had often thought about suicide. In a 2004 interview, he said he used to keep a loaded gun in his desk drawer and contemplated using it many times, according to a report in the Telegraph. He said:

I remember one time sitting in the window of the third or fourth floor of the Plaza Hotel for about an hour, thinking about just tipping off. And that was at a time when I was having more fun than you could imagine.

I just thought, 'Who the f*** cares, man? Why don't I just split?' Of course I didn't, so there you go."

• lalaa
  • John Doe
    John Doe

Yeah, I can see how one would accidentaly hang themselves with a rope in a closet. Someone's either trying to avoid the negative publicity of a suicide, or trying to make sure life insurance is not denied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit