Who Do They Think They Are?

by snowbird 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

This passage from Revelation-Its Grand Climax! is what caused me to take a second look at the WT doctrine that the 144,000 are a heavenly class, and the remnant of said class is associated with WBTS.

The 24 elders and the anointed group of 144,000 are described as being "round about the throne" of Jehovah and "upon the [heavenly] Mount Zion." (Revelation 4:4; 14:1) The great crowd is not a priestly class and does not attain to that exalted position. True, it is later described at Revelation 7:15 as serving God "in his temple." But this temple does not refer to the inner sanctuary, the Most Holy. Rather, it is the earthly courtyard of God's spiritual temple.

The point about the Great Crowd not attaining to that exalted position is, imo, a way of saying, "na na da boo boo, we're better than the rest of you!"

What a bunch of self-aggrandizing losers!

Sylvia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The nerve of them...

• John Doe
    John Doe
    The point about the Great Crowd not attaining to that exalted position is, imo, a way of saying, "na na da boo boo, we're better than the rest of you!"
    What a bunch of self-aggrandizing losers!

That's what being a christian is all about m'lady.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah the Great crowd serve not in the "inner sanctuary" but the "earthly courtyard"..........and Worldly people are in the "Holy Sh#thouse!"

• Heaven
    Heaven

The great crowd is not a priestly class

Then what the heck are they all doing going door-to-door then?

• undercover
    undercover

eh...people using one man's delusion to bolster their beliefs isn't worth getting worked up over

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, Quirky! Those were my thoughts exactly.

John Doe, this is what being Christian is all about:

Philippians2: 1 -4 If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.

OO7, those who understand Greek know that naos always refers to the innermost sanctuary; this is yet another example of WT's duplicity.

Heaven, the Great Crowd is priestly, else why are they in the naos?

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John Doe, this is what being Christian is all about:

Condescencion by telling other people how to live their lives. Exactly.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Undercover, it no longer bothers me, but it certainly did 20 years ago!

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sylvia, you need to mosey on over to the picture thread and help us out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit