JW's feel God will destroy all those involved with the military, but when a crisis hits and they come to the rescue, they become a Godsend.

by kitten whiskers 2 Replies latest jw friends

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Just had to laugh and shake my head today.

Hubby's cousin, an ex-jw too, keeps in touch really well with his folks who are still in. They moved south to Kentucky to where the need was greater along with some others from our old congregation. One couple, very well loved and sweet as pie, moved to South America to where the need was great again.

Recently, the husband, was attacked and beaten nearly to death. They put him in a coma at the hospital and feared there would be brain damage from the severity of the beating. There is some, but he recognizes people, I'm not sure of the full extent of the injuries. But in conversation with hubby's cousin today, he mentioned this old friend had made it back to the states. How? The injured man's nephew is in some branch of the military and demanded a Leer jet (spelling?) from his commander to be sent and retrieve his uncle back to the states. I don't know how he did it, but he did. His uncle is now in Florida. No doubt to everyone's relief (he has 2 grown children here and lots of non-jw family).

I just had to think of how much they owe their nephew and the military for his transport. He shouldn't have been in that country anyway...but that's beside the point. Can you imagine...as a jw, the conciencious decision you would have to make? How you would justify boarding the military jet...really, wanting nothing to do with them, but twisiting it in your mind to probably soothe your conscience that this was a provision from Jehovah? That he uses the governments for his people? But as a JW we never once prayed for those folks serving to help and protect.

A whole other view from the opposite side of the fence, isn't it?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Sounds like the French...

"Ze Americans sucks!"

*tanks rolling in*

"Oh sheit! Germans!"

*changes tune*

"Americans Awesome! Americans cool!"

*after US military kicks the German's asses and things are back to normal*

"Ze Americans sucks!"

*rolleyes*

Yiz

• superman
    superman

Wow, I that is crazy....If the guy moved down there to serve where the need is greater there is a good chance he is probably a hard liner, but maybe this will make him think. I doubt Beth-Hell would have made those same arrangements for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit