Any Good Ideas for a Letter to the Editor?

by AK - Jeff 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

AK Rekrul - How nice to hear from you again. How is life treating you these days, D?

• The editors of several papers know me fairly well. You think I should be ashamed of that for some reason? I have not been shy in expressing my opinion within several local rags. That just might be the object of the friggin' opinion page, ya' think? Jehovah's Witnesses express their lying opinions in millions of worthless junk they distribute all over the world every day. It is that dangerous cult against which I fight these days. Hell - the translators of your Bible won't even admit it and no one ever signs a single article coming out of your headquarters. You criticize me for writing a few articles that might save a few babies from death? I sign every one of them. Not a single Jw has ever had the guts to call me out over them - because they are true and they know it. So do you!
    • You have some logical objection to me speaking with friends about this matter? These people are not writing the article, I wrote it. If I invite others to add 2 shekels, what skin is that off your ass?
    • How I raise[d] my children is none of the public's business in this case, nor is it yours. Nor is it of interest in this matter. I tell you the truth - even as a die-hard Jw, I would not have let my kids die over the blood issue. And why would the editor give a flying shit what discussion boards I frequent? Should I list my membership in various clubs also?
    • What bearing does any of your uninformed idiocy have in this matter? Go back to your shadows if you have nothing positive to add!

Rebel - Thank you very much. I believe that my local allows larger than 300 words, but it might be advisable to submit one within the guidelines you suggest, with a higher potential for success. Thank you so greatly for your help in this. I will likely submit the letter tomorrow.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sorry for that rant, guys. I just get tired of dyed-in-the-wool Jw's who pop in out of the shadows.

Jeff

• AK - rekrul
    AK - rekrul

The shadows? What shadows are you speaking of? Many posters here do not reveal who they are. Do you have a problem with that?

What editors do yo know from several papers? I think they don't know you well at all.

The relevance of your family life in this matter is just that, relevant. It's like a fat girl telling others to watch what they eat.

Sorry for all the questions AK, seems like you have all the answers. Maybe I should find Zen, where is he?

• boyzone
    boyzone

AK-rekrul

So your idea of refuting the points in Jeff's letter is to question his motives, malign his character and slur his family? Now where have I seen those tactics before? Oh yeah, virtually every edition of the Watchtower. Smart move there rekrul - not.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Boyzone - my point exactly.

Let me attempt to answer your questions Rekrul, if you really care:

What shadows are you speaking of?

The ones from which you hit and run on my threads exclusively. That has nothing to do with identity - I am speaking of your unfair methods of 'spiritual warfare' - in the spirit of what Boyzone stated above.

BTW - the proper formation of that question would be: Of what shadows do you speak?

What editors do yo know from several papers?

I believe I stated that they know me, not that I know them. In other words they have proofed, and published several letters from me, and have a favorable view of my letters, at least enough to assure that they are published regularly. Do I drink tea with them? No, of course not. Am I relatively sure that I can get the letter in this thread published? Yes.

The relevance of your family life in this matter is just that, relevant.

It is absolutely irrelevant. My reputation in this community is well known. I am a productive, sober, family oriented head of my household. I have never been in trouble with the law. I pay my taxes. I wear my seat belt. I am not a thief, nor a liar. Please tell us, if you know otherwise, of holes in my credentials as a solid citizen that would make me unfit to publish a personal opinion in the local papers! I dare say you cannot do so honestly. My rearing of children, or not, is of no relevance here. I am currently rearing three of my grandchildren. That too, has little relevance here. Except that I promise you, that no lying false religion will ever stop me from allowing life-saving procedures, including blood transfusions, if life is in danger for them.

Maybe I should find Zen, where is he?

Zen would not have you - sorry. I know of a Zern who would be a nice fit for you, though.

Jeff

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Having allowed the original to get 'cold' - here is the revision to date:

In March 1997 a little known cult called 'Heaven's Gate' committed mass suicide. It's victims were all grown adults. No children died in that mansion in California.

But last week, right here in our area, a young child, known only as Baby Binn, was being denied blood transfusions that might be needed to keep it alive. The reason? The parents are Jehovah's Witnesses and believe that such medical treatment is wrong according to the Bible. This child, who by the way, is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, is in serious danger due to her parents' interpretations of a single scripture in Acts that states to 'abstain from blood'. While preventing blood transfusions, this same sect allows use of virtually every blood 'fraction' as they call it - even allowing hemophiliacs to take injections produced from extracted fractions of 2500 units of blood for every treatment they need.

A shocking cover article in the organization's Awake magazine in May of 1994 featured pictures of 26 dead children - all minors, who had been refused blood transfusions. True, some youth may choose to reject blood treatment themselves, based on the sects' doctrines. But how is this conceivable in the case of a baby? Or a three year old? Or a seven year old? Yet those too young to understand the doctrines died - gradually starved for oxygen in much the same way they would die if suffocated - not for belief systems they personally embrace, but due to the shifting doctrines of their parents. Often the religious leaders sit right outside the room in the hospital to assure that no blood is given. And the parents are subjected to extreme pressure to conform, knowing they would be expelled from the church and shunned by their friends and family if they permitted treatment.

Even those teenagers whom the chuch holds out as heroic, most of whom have known no other religion, labor under a perspective exclusive to the parental model they have observed. Hence, rather than martyrs for the faith, they are more correctly just mimes of adult delusion, fully expecting that 'faithfullness' to Watchtower doctrine would result in a 'sure ticket to paradise'.

Thankfully, thousands of good and honest Jehovah's Witnesses are working to reform this policy. That reform organization is known as Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood - or it's acronym AJWRB. The dangerous policies and duplicities of the church's current ban on use of blood are carefully detailed on their website, showing that Witness policy not only fails to fully ban blood use, but in fact allows such for the well informed Witnesses. My experience shows that most Witnesses do not fully understand the policy - I never did during my almost 40 years in the religion.

For those unfamiliar with these doctrines of death - please inform yourself. Be forwarned. Your children, or your grandchildren, could be at risk should they ever accept this religion. I know - I fell under that spell beginning at the age of four. It took me to age 50 to finally leave and begin protecting my family from the terrible dangers inherent in this religion.

In the meantime - please pray for Baby Binn. And for those adults whose decisions will determine the future, or no future, for this helpless child. Let's not allow this sort of religion to sell it's self-defined martydom as proof of God's love.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

The letter is GREAT, Jeff!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit