Mouthy, My Darling, I'd like you to meet my doggie, Sheeba!

by ziddina 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

[Uhhh, couldn't figure out which category to put this under so figured 'Mouthy' would find it most quickly here... Please, Simon, leave this one up if it's in the wrong category 'till Mouthy sees it!] I mean, Mouthy's my friend, right? So "Friends" is hopefully the right category....??

Mouthy! Here's my doggie, Sheeba!

Here she is below the Ancient Pueblo ruins we saw along the Escalante river...

Here she is in Lower Calf Creek Falls near Escalante - a little bit of "Heaven" on earth...

And here she is with a funny little friend [the one trailing behind] that we met - that doggie has since been adopted to a very good home!

Here's a few photos of the Escalante area and the CoxCombs...

This is a large butte south of Escalante and the "Forty-Mile-Cliffs" in the background at sunrise...

This is the ancient Pueblo ruin/ruins that we were photographing while Sheeba took a brief nap above...

Hard to see the ruins above, but they're just above the darkened, curved area below the rock alcove... Here's a closeup...

You can just barely see that same "lightning strike" painted on the rocks in the first picture... I'd better close for now - don't know how many photos this board/post can handle without crashing...

Luv Ya! Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whoops! forgot the "CoxComb" pics...

Here are the "CoxCombs" from a distance...

A closer view...

Wish it had been a bright, sunny day just after a rain, to get the full effect...

Here's our tent site in the Chaco Canyon area...

(I'll have to dig thru hubby's pictures for some good shots of Chaco ruins - later...)

But! Here's a pix of the pictograph of that ancient Supernova... This is way, way above the normal height of a man... Must have used a notched log to get up there to record the astronomical phenomenon...

I love the little cliff swallows' nests!

Well, that's all for now... Hope you're feeling better! Zid

P.S. If anyone wants to add to this thread - Feel Free!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh my goodness what wonderful sights.Lovely dog too
    Sheeba that was my sons dogs name also...
    You sure have had some wonderful experiences
    by the look of those GLORious sights. Thank you SO much for
    sharing them with me ....REally Lovely.
    Your brave though sleeping in that tent ( Scary for me LOL)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah! That tent's bug-proof - which also means we wouldn't get any scaly (sidewinder) guests either - plus we kept our food in the car. Prevents 'mousie' invasions... Even when one's not in 'bear' country, there's always something out there that'll get into your food....

Glad you liked the photos, Mouthy!! Glad you're feeling much better!

Zid

• mouthy
    mouthy

See that 48 other people has looked at them also....

Isnt that a sight for sore eyes

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When our kids were little we had a collie named Sheba. The name really fit her. I am glad to see you are feeling better Grace.

hugs,

Annie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Holy crap! Those are AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks for posting!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Z- your pictures are wonderful ! I miss camping .....maybe we will have to drag the tent out and go some where this summer .

Thanks for sharing

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Ziddina---What a Beautiful sight , you have real nice Pictures.

Sheeba is a big dog, she is pretty.

Thank You for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit