2002, Starting Over

by joelbear 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

ooooo I got to texas once a year asnd am going to vegas in the early spring...i would love to meet at a gathering too. I live in New Engalnd.

Three years ago I went to agathering that was made up of people from all over the country that used to frequent a metaphysics chat room. It was a great time, and wonderful to meet people in person.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I am in Atlanta.

Would love to visit Toronto. There are some amazingly handsome bears there and yes they have like the 5th largest gay pride in the world after San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Sydney.

Wow, do all the exes live in Texas? It seems at least a bunch do. I love Austin. I've been to Dallas twice. The bears in Texas are kind of girlie.

I love the hill country. I spend a morning at a beautiful cove outside of Austin once. I so wanted to go naked, it was perfect for it, but I didn't chance it.

If anyone wants to head to Atlanta, let me know.

hugs

Joel

• Prisca
    Prisca

Joel,

If you ever decide to travel and visit my beautiful country, you'll have a friendly and free tour guide. I don't know any 'bears' but I'm sure you'll find some!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Joel; are there many nudist facilities in the USA? I've never had a nudity taboo, and my girlfriend is typically European about such things.

The funny thing is, many het or mixed nudist beaches have perverts in the undergrowth, which is distressing for my gf, and spoils it. By pervert, I mean people who stare. Everyone checks everyone, but anything more than a passing glance is just rude. I also mean non-nudists, always men, who happen to be there for no reason other than staring at naked girls.

It's like, buy a mag perv...

The solution is, obviously, to go to gay nudist beaches, as there people are more polite, and even if they DO stare, you don't realise it.

As for the UK, well, if you make it a little further (Holland), it would be great to see you.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• COMF
    COMF

Wow, do all the exes live in Texas?

Actually, that's a common misunderstanding of the line in the George Stait country hit song. What George actually says is, "All my sex has been in Texas (all that was worth doing, anyway)."

Of course, misunderstanding lyrics is common in country music. Take for example "Slime of Passion," which was roundly misunderstood to be "Crime of Passion" among the hard of hearing and misinformed.

COMF

PS: LB, let us know ahead of time, man. We'll round the exes up and have at least meet for a meal and chitchat together.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Abaddon,

Yes, there are dozens of nude campgrounds/resorts in the United States. I of course tend to frequent all male resorts/campgrounds, but I run across information for mixed and family resorts when I do my research.

I prefer nude beaches to resorts. Beaches tend to be a mixture of all types of people, gay/straight, male/female, babies/grandparents. I think this is incredibly relaxing. No "cruise" mentality. There are always a few freaks. I think that is unavoidable. I've never been to a nude beach that was completely free of gawkers, but I just ignore them. My favorite nude beach is Haulover near Miami. Its wonderful and offers much easier access than the typical nude bathing areas which make you lug stuff down a mile of rocks or dirt road before you can take your clothes off.

Other favorite nude places include:

Mizo Beach near Madison Wisconsin. On an idyllic river setting and not real crowded. There is a boy scout and girl scout camp nearby there. When I was there several times during the day scout canoers came by and you could hear the troop leaders telling them to stay in the middle of the river, LOL, of course the boys were trying to get as near our shore as they could to check out the naked girlies. There is a picture of me at mizo beach on my Go West page.

Blacks Beach near San Diego. I've heard they may have closed this down partially or totally which would be a shame because it was an incredibly beautiful place to go naked.

Lake Travis near Austin Texas. Extremely hot in the summer because it is totally on rock cliffs with not much breeze. But the lake is beautiful.

Palm Springs has a number of nude resorts, gay and straight and I love Palm Springs.

Key West also has a lot of nude hotels/motels and I love Key West as well.

I think a Key West/Miami trip would be most fun for a European couple.

hugs

Joel

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I noted that a couple of posters, RedHorseWoman and Eyebrow, are from New England. I'm in Vermont. I've met a few of the posters from up this way and made some good friends, so I wondered where you guys are at. Would be nice to make contact with some of the more local X-JWs. We may already know each other! Maybe we could organize conventions and have talks and ...Ugh. Just kidding! You can contact me via private email if that is more comfortable.
    S4

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Joel - I love Lake Travis (used to live there)

I will be in Houston (and Galveston) in May. Would love to meet some of you!!!

closer

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Seeker - I'm in New England too.

closer

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi seeker,

I would love to come to Vermont and make a pilgrimage to the Ben and Jerry's factory.

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit