Challenge #6 (The Spirit IS Like Jesus) ~ GS / JBeD / Serious JWs

by 4examp 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 4examp
    4examp

Challenge: Do you agree that 10 Greek words unite to show that THE HOLY SPIRIT ~ IS (a PERSON) ~ like JESUS?

The Spirit, our 1Helper/Advocate/Lawyer, is the 2Holy, 3Everlasting, 4Eternal, 5Lord, 6God, who is 7Truth, & 8Raised up Christ, & 9Makes Alive; & we should be 10Baptized in His Name.

The WT claims: ~ "The Scriptures themselves unite to show that God's holy spirit is NOT A PERSON"(Insight p.1019, & Aid p.1543).
    The Scriptures themselves show just the opposite !

10 GREEK WORDS prove, that what is true of GOD THE SON (&/or GOD The Father) is also true of GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT

#1. PARAKLEETOS (G3875) = Helper / Advocate / Lawyer
    JC ~ if anyone does commit a sin, we have a PARAKLEETON with the Father, Jesus Christ a righteous one (1Jn.2:1)
    HS ~ He will give you ANOTHER PARAKLEETON to be with you forever, THE SPIRIT THE TRUTH (Jn.14:16,17)

#2. HAGIOS (G40) = Holy
    JC ~ an unclean spirit shouted: "What have we to do with you, Jesus? I know exactly who you are, THE HAGIOS One of God." (Mk.1:23,24)
    HS ~ THE SPIRIT THE HAGION said: "Of all persons set Barnabas & Saul apart for ME for the work to which I HAVE CALLED THEM." (Ac.13:2)

#3. AIONIOS (G166) = Everlasting
    TF ~ in accord with the command of the AIONIOU GOD (Rom.16:26)
    JC ~ the life was manifested & we have seen it... THE LIFE THE EVERLASTING which was with The Father (1Jn.1:2)
    HS ~ Christ, who through AIONIOU SPIRIT offered Himself without blemish to God (Heb.9:14)

#4. AION (G165) = Eternal (forever)
    JC ~ "I am the First & the Last, & the Living One; & I became dead, but, look! I am living AIONAS & AIONON" (Rev.1:17,18)
    HS ~ I will request the Father & He will give you Another Advocate to be with you AION, THE SPIRIT of THE TRUTH (Jn.14:16,17)

#5. KURIOS (G2962) = Lord
    JC ~ Thomas said to Him: "My KURIOS & my GOD !" (Jn.20:28)
    JC ~ there is NO GOD BUT ONE ...there is actually to us ONE GOD the Father... & ONE KURIOS, JESUS CHRIST (1Cor.8:4-6)
    HS ~ ONE SPIRIT ...ONE KURIOS ...ONE GOD & Father of all (Eph.4:4,5)
    HS ~ but the KURIOS The Spirit IS & where The Spirit of the KURION is, there is FREEDOM ...as done by KURIOU [the] Spirit (2Cor.3:17,18)

#6. THEOS (G2316) = God
    JC ~ No man has seen THEON at any time; The Only-Begotten THEOS who is in the bosom of The Father THAT ONE has explained Him (Jn.1:18)
    JC ~ Thomas said to Him: "My LORD & my THEOS !" (Jn.20:28)
    HS ~ "Ananias, why has Satan embolden you to LIE TO THE SPIRIT THE HOLY ...? ...You have LIED, not to men, but TO THEO." (Ac.5:3,4)

#7. ALEETHEIA (G225) = Truth
    JC ~ JESUS said to him: "I AM The Way & THE ALEETHEIA & The Life (Jn.14:6)
    HS ~ when THAT ONE arrives, THE SPIRIT of THE ALEETHEIAS, He will GUIDE you into all the ALEETHEIAN (Jn.16:13)
    HS ~ Out of this we know THE SPIRIT THE ALEETHEIAS & THE SPIRIT THE ERROR. (1Jn.4:6)
    HS ~ THE SPIRIT is THE (One) bearing witness, because THE SPIRIT is THE ALEETHEIA (1Jn.5:6)

#8. EGEIRO (G1453) = Raised Up
    JC ~ JESUS said to them: "Break down this temple, & in 3 days I WILL EGERO IT." Therefore the Jews said: "...will you EGEIRAS in 3 days?" But He was talking about the temple of HIS BODY... [that] was E-GERIES .from the dead (Jn.2:19-22)
    HS ~ If, now, THE SPIRIT of Him that EGEIRANTOS Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He that EGEIRAS Christ Jesus from the dead will also make your mortal bodies ZOOPOIESEI through His SPIRIT that resides in you. (Rom.8:11)

#9. ZOOPOIEO (G2227) = Makes Alive
    TF ~ For just as The FATHER EGERIE the dead & makes them ZOOPOIEI, so The SON also makes those ZOOPOIEI whom He wants to (Jn.5:21)
    HS ~ It is THE SPIRIT that is ZOOPOIOUN (Jn.6:63)
    HS ~ for the written code condemns to death, but THE SPIRIT ZOOPOIEI (2Cor.3:6)

#10. BAPTIZO (G907) = Baptize
    TF ~ Go therefore & make disciples... BAPTIZONTES them in the NAME of The Father
    JC ~ Go therefore & make disciples... BAPTIZONTES them in the NAME of... The Son
    HS ~ Go therefore & make disciples... BAPTIZONTES them in the NAME of... THE HOLY SPIRIT (Mt.28:19)

• sspo
    sspo

Not into it anymore!

• 4examp
    4examp

Nothing personal or negative, but why the post?

What is your story?

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

eerrm, this doesnt prove anything....

was hoping for something more...

• 4examp
    4examp

Pretty tough crowd.
    - 5 Portraits provide irrefutable proof that "holy spirit" & "unclean spirit" are presented as sentient beings.
    - The Holy Spirit communicates in 40 Ways = irrefutable proof of Person-2-person/s.
    - Demonstrated Emotion, Intellect, Will = irrefutable proof of Person.
    - 10 Greek words show The Spirit IS like Jesus.
    - OK then I suppose you want -- what ? -- 20 Greek words to show The Spirit ACTS like Jesus???

Why not 30 or 40 or 50?

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

It’s not a tough crowd. I think you just have the wrong crowd. Serious JW’s are not supposed to be on a site like this. You’ve already been told Greg Stafford and Jason BeDuhn are not on here either. I’m sure someone can help you but if you want them to take the time to answer your questions they probably would like to know what your story is or at least have an idea of where you’re going with all this.

If you’re trying to challenge serious JW’s you’d be better off contacting them directly.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I looked at this post before but didn't stay long. Now I have had a closer look I think the content is good. The verses point to the whole of the Trinity more than just the Holy Spirit being the Spirit of Jesus.

However, I think it could be clearer and is probably too long (like many of my own posts!).

All the best,

Stephen

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Words alone prove NOTHING at all...

They merely provide evidence which is open to cross-examination.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

That's an interesting list and discussion, but I think you may have noticed that this board is not big on theological discussion except when it debunks WTS doctrine.

Which is fine, the one thing we have in common is that we're keen on that. But, no one here is keen on pushing or debating religion much. I like to discuss religion and doctrine, but not here, not if I can avoid it.

There are more Christian oriented ex JW forums out there. I'm a member of one of them.

I also like "Ship of Fools" an ecumenical Christian forum with a section for serious theological discussion, debate and comparison.

• 4examp
    4examp

Sad E, you wrote: "Words alone prove NOTHING at all... They merely provide evidence which is open to cross-examination."

In this context, "words" ARE the only evidence that proves or disproves any statement.
    What words can you offer to disprove any of my topics.
    If I am wrong, help me see where.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit