JW illness

by Rosey 14 Replies latest jw friends

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

yes i have depression. whether it was a genetic factor or not, my being in the org is a major contributing factor

• Ding
    Ding

There's a tremendous amount of stress associated with constantly wondering if you've been good enough to merit Jehovah's approval.

The Watchtower gospel doesn't match the "no condemnation" and "set free" gospel taught by Paul in Romans 8.

Read Romans and Galatians and contrast it to the Watchtower guilt-athon.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Seriously I suffered from severe CFS/ME since 1993 in the Org ....gradually since I left I've become more and more well...

Loz x

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am going to throw this out here at this point because I was asked and didn't know what to say. Maybe I am opening up a type of vulnerability.

I have talked a couple times recently to a gal who studied with JWs a couple years, went to meetings and assemblies, befriended them.

She said she observed on a few occasions that JWs didn't cry. I don't think that is an absolute as I know otherwise. However, now I am trying to review myself and have realized for a female I am not much of a cry-er. Maybe it is just me, I think just my nature. I have many times wished I could just cry but couldn't. Although, I am thinking that I don't recall many crying occasions with JWs either. Is it just co-incidence or was there possibly a suppression when we were younger. As a child of 9 yrs of age and older, there were such a pressure to be strong. (Kind of like boys aren't suppose to cry, yet as JWs was there such a pressure to be strong, do what you have to do, deny what your feelings ever were, etc.) Hard things to endure, ridicules at school for not participating in national issues, holiday issues, just being kids issues, friviolity, etc..

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

That is interesting Gayle.

Considering theat Jehovha's people are a HAPPY people why would they be crying? I can see that they would have to suppress that, the feelings of sadness and depression, even grief when someone dies (because they are going to see them in the new system) so why cry?

The WTS discourages peoiple from experession of all feelings. You can't be too happy because people might think you are Pentecostal or something. You can't be sad because you are supposed to be happy.

So they plaster a smile on their faces and go to meetings or out in service and pretend to the world and themselves they are happy.

No wonder so many are sick with all kinds of stress-related illnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit