Jehovah Chose the Jehovah's Witnesses by Giving Them a Load of Coal!

by VM44 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

I shared this story with a group of JWs when I first heard it about six months ago. We were in field service, or should I say having an early long lunch. When I told it, everyone said "No way! Can't be true!" They even said it made no sense as to how that would be directive from Jehovah and we would never put Jehovah to the test like this. After all of them laughed it off and told me I was insane, I told them that it came from a Yearbook and to look it up at home. Every single person completely changed their thought and made comments such as, "wonderful how Jehovah works, just amazing how he has always directed the work." Once you throw in a "well it is in print from the society" you could tell everyone that they have four arms and they would agree.

• read good books
    read good books

It sounds to me like Rutherford may have had some insider information and wanted it to look like a miracle.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The best part about these kinds of scenarios is that whatever the outcome, God is always directing!

- No Coal = God wants us to move to Pittsburgh

- Coal = God wants us to stay in Brooklyn

The general assumption that God is directing overshadows everything. A much better test would be "if we don't get this coal we should pack up and quit". Without something of value on the line what difference does it really make?

--Drew Sagan

Great point, Drew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit