Ladies and Gentlemen, Warlock has left the building.......................

by Warlock 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I made a couple of posts early on in that thread regarding my point of view. To be fair to Warlock, I did find that anyone who did actually hold a view that there is more to the ouija board that just a silly board game was met with increasing derision so I didn't bother posting after that. Warlock got locked into a mini war with several posters (what's in a name?!) and I suspect he did feel ganged up on and thus resorted to profanity etc. I do not condone that but I understand the reasons why he lashed out.

I think he should be allowed to return if he agrees to not use profanity. What is the situation on reinstating those who have been disfellowshipped and have repented? Someone returned a month or two back after being banned I recall?

As for name calling, that happens every day, take a look at many posts from the apologists.

Anyhow, I wish Warlock well. He sent me a couple of nice PMs before he left which was nice and certainly unexpected.

All the best,

Stephen

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Fair to middlin'
    You?

Just peachy.

Thanks for asking.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Behold, Chalam!

A Christian and a gentleman.

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the compliment, however I must "boast in the Lord" :)

John 12:32 1 Corinthians 1:30-31 Galatians 6:14

After all, It is only by His grace and His Spirit.

The words of John Newton come to mind

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch like me.
    I once was lost but now am found,
    Was blind, but now, I see.

Love in Christ,

Stephen

• snowbird
    snowbird

John Newton was influenced by William Wilberforce, a noted abolitionist.

Wilberforce University in Ohio is named in his honor.

http://www.wilberforce.edu/home/home.html

In 1971 I was encouraged to apply for admission there, but the JW's came a-callin'.

Sylvia

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I think he should be allowed to return if he agrees to not use profanity.

Fully agreed.

As for name calling, that happens every day, take a look at many posts from the apologists.

Also agreed. I think it's unfortunate that people so often break guideline #1. It's totally unnecessary! Let your argument speak for itself. If someone is too stupid to see how brilliant your argument is, telling them they are stupid isn't going to change your mind, it's just going to make you look equally stupid. I see a lot of posts where I agree with the position of the poster but am chagrined by their use of insults.

There's an old saying: Never argue with idiots. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hastings Kamuzu Banda, President of Malawi during the infamous waves of persecution of JW's, late 60's to early 70's, attended Wilberforce University.

Ray Franz mentions in CofC that during this time of trial for JW's in Malawi who refused to buy a party card, the Mexican JW's, in order to obtain a cartilla, were bribing officials to say that they had performed the compulsory one year military service!

This staggering display of hypocrisy on the part of the Governing Body stunned and sickened Brother Franz and was one of the factors that lead to his crisis of conscience.

When I read about it, I had to put CofC aside and go for a walk. I was that steamed!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit