Serious Question--Do JWs Lack Common Sense?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Why can't Witnesses put 2+2 together?

Do they have missing brain cells?

Do they just choose ignorance?

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

number 3

• minimus
    minimus

How frustrating to see anybody WANT to exhibit ignorance!

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

No, I dont believe they are given a chance to think for them selves... when i was being inducted, i kept being told 'that the heart is treacherous and cannot be trusted', 'it is not for mankind even to direct his own steps', 'Jehovah's thoughts are much higher than ours, so even if we dont understand, we must have faith and do his will.'..... Hmmmn... sounds like "close your eyes, shut your mouth, leave your brain and freewill at the door- we own you" doesn't it?

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

Seriously,when you start studying with jw and that particular something that makes you believe the wts is God's organisation click,it makes your mind block out everything negative about the society .

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- It's not in my opinion that Jehovah's Witnesses are lacking common sense or are ignorant on purpose- they are instructed to shut down their minds to anything differing from the WT societies views on anything. They are totally cult mind controlled to drink the kool-aid and controlled to think that way through being made to feel guilty if they have doubts . And then through fear of being kicked out of the organization they are controlled to be " ignorant ". No outside research allowed other than WT publications so the witnesses are under information control . Hell- JW's probably get guilty reading the newspaper thinking all the news is from Satan. All cults including Jehovah's Witnesses use fear and guilt to control their members.

So essentially because of fear witnesses turn their minds over to the governing body and WT society and allow themselves to be controlled by a dream that's unreal- a fantasy. Really sad

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I think Flipper is correct. They feel that ignoring anything that contradicts the wbts and going into robot-shut-down is an act of faith....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are afraid to use it. If they use common sense and believe what is blatantly true, Brother Hounder is going to call them into the back room and bust up their families (and threaten that they are going to be destroyed "real soon" (that is, for the past 135+ years). Plus, they are trained to not think--just let the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger do their thinking for them.

• minimus
    minimus

But....when I see JWs who regularly complain about everything we do and still do nuthin' about it---it's frustrating.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Well I can only speak for the ones I know personally - and I don't think they have common sense, none, nadda zilch! When you are talking everyday, real life things they just don't get it. Bible smart maybe, they can quote a scripture in a hot second. But to use common sense on everyday life experience they just don't have it.

My SIL and mother are prime examples - or maybe she'd just and idiot Oh and they lie like crazy, whoever said JW's were honest?

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit