Witnesses claim Ressurected folks have no genitals? This will start the 1,000 year rebellion!

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well Well Well !

I guess BluesBrother would have to eat his hat, having seen Processor's quote from the Golden Age !

However, I was thinking of modern times in the Borg.. They euphamistically say that "marriage" wold not be available for the Earthly resurrected, but make no comment about the body parts that make a marriage a marriage...

• ziddina
    ziddina

BluesBrother, I watched this issue very closely when I was a teenaged JW, and again after I was divorced from my creep JW husband at the age of 30 (around 1980). I've mentioned this author before, but here we go again... William J. Whalen [Catholic layman] wrote a series of books on sects in America. His book, "Armageddon Around the Corner" was published in 1962. I picked it up and read it when I was about 9 - 10 years old, and found that many comments/criticisms he had about the JWs were dead on.

One criticism that CLEARLY stood out in my mind was Mr. Whalen's comment that the WTBTS was "anti-marriage". It fit exactly what I was seeing in the JW/WTBTS in the early '60's... Remember, this was obvious enough for a rather intelligent little 9-10-year-old-child to see...

Later on, after my divorce in the early 1980's, I clearly remember a talk being given at a KH I was visiting [looking for another JW mate...] about the WTBTS' idiotic idea that people - men - resurrected to life on Paradise Earth wouldn't marry. AT that time - in fact, per a previous post - there were AT LEAST 60 women per every 40 men in the JWs. I put the ratio much higher, at 90 WOMEN per every 10 MEN - at least, that's what it felt like at the time. This skewed ratio made many single male JWs act like the cock in the henhouse, btw.

Anyway, with such a limited male pool to draw from, I - as well as many other young, single JW women - were counting on the resurrection to provide decent mate material. However, the speaker that day [early 1980's] gave a talk that emphasized that the resurrected men weren't going to marry. He even emphasized that disparity in the number of women versus men in the [B]org, and stressed that many women wouldn't EVER be able to marry... I think he even brought up that case of enforced virginity by the daughter of the biblical character who was the first to run out to meet him after he won a battle due to Jah's 'assistance'...

Nasty, nasty speaker! He practically said "So there! All you silly women!" He was just smiling all over the place as he gave this talk. I was on the verge of tears - and I don't cry easily at all; stopped crying when I was 9 so as to not give my parents the satisfaction of making me cry when they hit/slapped/kicked me.

As I sat there fighting back the tears, I heard sniffling all around me, and looked around - all of the beautiful young women I'd seen upon entering the KH - I was 'marking' the competition, don't you know - were in tears. Must have been at least 15 - 20 women quietly sobbing with tears flowing down their faces.

Later, I realized just how STUPID the WTBTS was in preemptorily destroying the option of marrying a resurrected man for so many loyal JW women- I actually said, "If the WTBTS wanted to KEEP women in the religion, they would certainly do a better job of doing so by giving such women HOPE - instead of brutally and smugly DESTROYING any hope of finding a JW mate, even in the resurrection!"

As I said, this was in the early 1980's - I suspect the WTBTS hasn't changed their policy lately, either.

Zid

• wozza
    wozza

The way I remember this topic it went something like this:

There will be a class of people that don"t die at Armaggedon ,will continue to have children if they are still of fertile age (at that time) in the 1000 year period,but will stop having children near the end of that time for the earth will then be full from the births and the ressurection.

The ressurected ones will never be able to have chidren and just have to watch the Armaggedon survivors have kids for the remaining time of the 1000 years.

Nowhere has the WTS said genitals won't be there on either group ,that is , both groups seem to lose their desire to have children .

It seems the WTS leaves this one alone passing over to Revelation to explain that "new Scrolls " will be opened and only then will people know the full limits of Gods plan.

It would be silly to presume men's penises would drop off and women's wombs fall to the floor.

But then all this is absurd for think about it in this context : a sister of 25 marries this year ,Armaggedon comes next year , in 900 odd years say she ceases at gods will to stop having babies ,what then ?............she carries a complete set baby producing organs for eternity !!! Is god going to stitch up all the vaginas and leave a pee hole only?? or leave all those vaginas to tempt the men who still have penises so they can fulfill the WTS teaching that anyone who sins after the 1000 year reign will die instantly?

If I was living then I'd have have to ask the women "what are ya gonna do with that thing now ? I'm still using mine to piss on the garden but what's yours for ?"

Perhaps Jehovah creating black holes in space was really a forgleam anti typical of the womb of the future?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Golden Age......."women will turn into Brothers" LOL LOL LOL crazy!

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Processor, do you know what issue is your article from????

Albert

• blondie
    blondie

The Golden Age, April 2, 1930, p. 446.

• processor
    processor
    Processor, do you know what issue is your article from?

Just see my original post :)

The Golden Age, April 2, 1930, p. 446.

Download here: http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/docs/1930-1934_Golden_Age.pdf

• watson
    watson

Once we have fullfilled Jah's purpose, and filled the earth, there will be no need for erections, stimulation, no sex drive, wombs will dissappear.etc. Reproduction will no longer be necessary. Death will be no more. The only reason for genitalia will be to rid ourselves of waste.

Our "stimulation" and "release" will come from spiritual enlightenment

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    ......."women will turn into Brothers"

As they near perfection???

-Aude.

• mouthy
    mouthy

women will turn into Brothers"

WHAT?? SAY THAT AGAIN??? NO I DEFINATLY
    DONT WANT A RESURRECTION<OR AN ERECTION THANKS
    VERY MUCH!!!!