Daily Text - Eccl. 3:13

by YoYoMama 12 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I find the scripture itself beautiful. To me it says a couple of things.

1. It is okay to enjoy the rewards of hard work. God approves of your rejoicing over things you have accomplished in life.

2. The hard work a person does should be rewarded to him himself and not be passed on to someone lording it over him, be it government, business or religion asking for the tribute. No, instead, each person's work, reward and thankfulness is between himself and God.

It is interesting to me that the Watchtower society immediately looks on this as having some future application as opposed to talking about how it applies to our life now. That clearly matches their agenda, but I wonder if it matches the agenda of God and Solomon who recorded the words.

Joel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey yo-yo,You are an asset to the board.If it wasn`t for posts like yours people wouldn`t get to see how sick your organization and their followers are.LOL..I hope Santa craps down your chimney..LOL...OUTLAW

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

"Yes it sounds bad, but is it? Jehovah has given ample time for humans to do what is right."

It sounds bad because it is bad. And he isn't 'allowing' time for humans to do right - he's allowing exponetially more humans to be born thus providing ample MORE time for MORE bad/wicked/evil humans to suffer then die at his hands. If you buy that crock of ***t.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit