Hello everyone

by torre 13 Replies latest jw friends

• torre
    torre

Hi all,

Firs af all, I would like to introduce myself to this board. I have never been in an English board before.

I was born in a JW home. That was in 1965 in Spain. As a JW I was very concerned about it. I got baptized at 16 and a few years later I become pioneer. I spent ten years in Bethel in the spanish Branch. I got very good memories from that time (there are some bad as well). I used to listen to the people's stories from the USA headquarters that the Coordinator at that time (John Kurtz) used to tell us. Specially related with GB members. Is my pleasure to read most of your posts here.

I'd like to apologise because of my English, I will try to do my best.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

welcome to the board...and your English is way better than my Spanish!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• Room 215
    Room 215

First and foremost, Torre: Welcome to this forum! Your English looks just fine and we look forward to hearing more from you. I for one would particularly appreciate your impressions on the news affecting the Spanish Bethel and the reaction o the Spanish brothers and sisters.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board torre!!

• only me
    only me

Welcome!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board,

purps

• caliber
    caliber

Welcome...Welcome...Welcome ...

• torre
    torre

Hi room 215

As it has been posted on this board a letter a letter dated on 1st April 2009 was sent to all congregations informing that the GB decision was that the Spanish Branch was no longer printing. The letter was written in a way that everything was going to be the same as it used to be. For that reason , the majority of the brother outside are unaware of the consequences of that decision.

When the letter was read in the congregations around Madrid in which there are Bethelites there were some of them crying. What they have been told is that the Bethel "family" is going to be reduced considerably. As many of you know, the spanish branch was enlarged and dedicated in 1998, being able to accomodate more than 600 workers. Although, they are 200 and never have been more than 250 members.

Since 1998, all these properties have been empty. It cost a lot of money. Apart of that, social security have to be paid for all the full time workers such as Esp. Pioneers, CO, DO and Bethelites since 2003. This is because two former Bethelites went to the authorities in an effort to improve the conditions of the WT workers. In this regarding the Branch commitee sent a letter to the congregations saying that the GB agreed with the authorities the social security but that is just a lie.

People here think that in the next few month at least 60 will be sent home. We will see.

More information for all of those who speak spanish can be found in this blog:http: www.johnhenrykurtz.blogspot.com/

• The Berean
    The Berean

Greetings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit