Trying Not To Peep..

by Englishman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

As we now have our central heating boiler installed in our old fireplace, I have been getting more than a little worried as to exactly how Santa will come down the chimney so as to leave me with lots of nice prezzies. Its also been complicated getting my prezzy list to him as I normally send this up the chimney about a week before Christmas Day.

Her Ladyship came to the rescue and suggested that I pin my prezzy request list to the communal notice board in the dining room, so I took my pen and wrote:

Dear Father Christmas,

Please can I have an 18 volt cordless drill, a construction kit of a Lancaster bomber and Britney Spears for Xmas.

Lots of Love,

Englishman.

The thing is, I think that Santa might have already been. You see, in the bottom of HL's wardrobe I can see several boxes all wrapped up, that may well contain my drill and construction kit. However, I can't see anything that is large enough to contain Britney Spears.

Do you think that I should:

(a) Do nothing.

(b) Pin up another note and risk being left with 2 Britney's.

(c) Go back to the meetings.

(d) None of the above, here's another option:_ _ _ _ _ _(fill in space provided).

Thank you for your co-operation.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Definitely (b), if you have a Britney to spare (get it?), I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

I would go with "B". You can never have too many Britney's around the house! I mean she is from the South so no doubt knows how to make a good Gumbo! One cooks and sings for you... the other... well whatever!!

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry Englishman

You won't get Britney this year 'cause I should be getting her because I put her on my list ages ago. I guess Angharad has wrapped her up and hidden her really well ...

• Angharad
    Angharad

Britney????

I thought you wanted Judy Finnigan from this morning (daytime TV hostess for US translation)

• Sky
    Sky

I thought I was on your list Derek....
    oh, yeah.. wait... I am not factual. Nevermind.
    Sky

• Englishman
    Englishman

Angharad,

Who want a prezzie that needs ironing?

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• duped
    duped

Angharad,

That's a big 'ol chest 'o drawers!!! =:0

duped

• Simon
    Simon

Her dress fell open at a live TV award ceremony a few months back ... another presenter ran up form the audience to cover her up 'cause she and her co-presenter / husband hadn't realised.

Urgh!

• thewiz
    thewiz

Englishman

funny how you criticize the borg for ever tiny little thing and then you give some "cute" stupid story about some fictional character. Why don't you wish for Santa to bring you a blow-up doll from that sex shop opening up near your house?

I could never stomach how adults even remotely believed in the "mystacism" of Santa. Like leaving doubt in peoples mind that he really does semi-exist. SAme way that they do with American Indian lore. Like somehow, it's really real.

I guess you only believe in the "good" lies? It's like your belief system is everything the WTBS isn't. Is that how you base truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit