My husband's 1st birthday party....he's 25

by homeschool 16 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

haha, much better today....had a good night's sleep. you guys are totally right...

it was a really good time and I hope my husband remembers it forever.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

10 people?? Lucky you! I went to a party thrown by a Greek Sister.....nice family, the daughter had some problems......I was the ONLY Brother who showed up.....lots of food....just me and them....they said they would apreciate what I did forever but I just felt terrible.

• homeschool
    homeschool

omigosh witness007....thank you for sharing. Well, I asked everyone to come to our house at 6p and the first couple was a bit late and the other folks were an hour and a 1/2 late (so we thought we might be in the same boat)! Glad I nixed the whole idea of getting him out of the house for awhile so upon his return, me and the first 2 guests could holler "SurrrrrrPrise!"....that woulda been lame. I needed help bringing in all the groceries beforehand, so I went ahead and told him. It really was a good tiime.

He's been faded about 2 years now, but still hasnt grasped the birthday party idea. And went he overlooked MY 30th birthday compLETELY....I took ya'lls advice from a different thread (my husband actually posted it stating that his wife was very upset because he didnt do anything for her...aka ME...bday) and threw HIM a party so he could see how it felt. Mission Accomplished. & he wasnt mad at all about those who didnt come, so its all good

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Sorry bout the bad run Homeschool...Its good you feel better after sleeping on it.

10 people still showed and thats awsome! I totally understand where your coming from though, after all it is his first birthday party. Lots of "worldly" people are often unable to grasp the concept of how important something like this actually is.

Sooooooo, what did ya get your man? How late did it go? Did everyone drink a little too much? Cake. Did you make it? (lol) What did all 12 of you get up to?

In hindsight, perhaps it was a good thing many of those other peeps never showed....it's nice to be able to filter out your freinds sometimes. As much as it may hurt, it's nice to know where you stand.

lurk3r

• homeschool
    homeschool

thanks. yes, there was cake. No I did not make it. There were balloons. Yes, we all drank a bit too much....I was drinking wine. and one of my hubby's presents was a big ol' bottle of Makers Mark, which is now gone. Went to bed around 2a, which is not the norm for my old ass

• loosie
    loosie

Tell you hubby that I wish him a happy birthday!!!.

Ps: sometimes it takes people awhile to get used to the idea that you are celebrating b-days.

• Heaven
    Heaven

homeschool... I hear what you're saying. It doesn't matter whether you're a JW or not. There are considerate and inconsiderate people in this world. The proper etiquette if you have committed to going and suddenly cannot is to inform the person who invited you. At least some came and I agree with Hope4Others. Focus on the good stuff. If you really want to know why they didn't come, you could ask them directly. If they have a valid excuse, tell them you'd appreciate a phone call next time if they can't show. You could say that you were worried something bad had happened to them. If there is no good reason, don't invite them again.

For any sort of get together, the rule of thumb for no shows is at least 10%. Life happens and things come up. I'm always amazed if everyone shows up at gatherings I have arranged. It is recommended that you 'over-invite' for a good showing -- one suggestion is to invite 5 extra people for every 20 ( http://www.hsn.com/cnt/feature/default.aspx?ContentID=128&sf=hd&attr=4807&vavideo ). Something to keep in mind for the next party!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit