post your funniest Accidental Decapitation story

by Nathan Natas 11 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Skeptic,

Get off the stage. The thread is intended to be humor. This no place for tragic stories. There is no reason to put a guilt trip on Nathon over his gallows humor. Such hunor is common place. My mother was mentally ill from the time I was ten years old until I was 25. Can I still enjoy a joke about this very serious subject? You bet.

For example, a man I talked to at the mental hospital where I was visiting my mother told me that when he got out on a week end pass, he was going to kill himself. He said this in the same matter of fact way that someone else would say that they were going on a picnic. I told him that killing himself was not a good idea, because it would not be good for his health. That seemed to make sense to him. By the way, my mother was not mentally that entire time. She was in and out of it.

Lighten up.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

There is another thread where the 'freedom of speech' was being discussed.

I thought it was reasonable to restrict the freedom of speech if such freedom infringed upon the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of others, for example, homophobic or racist hate speech. You know the sort of comment by a bigot that makes people worry about their safety, because it comes from a priest, or politician, or some one in a position of authority... the "gays are a sickness and a threat to society" kind of thing, with a contextual subtext of "so make'm suffer".

Most people growled about freedom of speech, even though other rights are infringed by hate speech.

Now, am I to understand that we shouldn't talk about things that people find offensive or upsetting?

But that it is okay to say 'homosexuality is a sickness and a danger to society', even if that puts others in fear of their safety?

With full respect to the unpleasent memories this might have bought up for one poster, isn't that a bit screwed up?

I exclude Edward Pooles 'suicide' note; that's clearly idiotic and falls under the yelling 'fire' in a theatre. But I am afraid I find bigotry far more offensive than decapitation.

My cousin's wife is a nurse. She has the nastiest stories. A motorbike courier was taking a package along an elevated section of 'freeway' in London, travelling at about 70mph between lines of stationary traffic. A truck with a flat loadbed shifted lanes in front of him, WAY to close for him to stop. They found his helmet UNDER the elevated 'freeway'. Do the maths.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit