space.com dates Noah's flood to 2350 B.C.

by aChristian 251 Replies latest jw friends

• aChristian
    aChristian

Alan,

I can't figure out why you bother with this guy. No one here takes him seriously and I don't believe there is anything anyone can say that will get through to him. Crash is, I have been told, a "presuppositionalist." Meaning he first determines what the proper interpretation of a particular Bible passage "must" be and then refuses to let anything, such as the findings of modern science, change his interpretation.

I have absolutely no idea why such people do not still insist that the sun moves around the earth, and not vice versa. For that is what a plain and simple reading of all relevant Bible passages clearly indicates on this matter. And that is just what the Bible was understood to say before the findings of modern science proved that 17th century "presuppositionalists" had to be wrong in the way they interpreted the Bible.

Maybe Clash will be kind enough to explain why 17th century presuppositionalists let scientists influence the way they interpreted the story of Joshua's ordering the sun to stop moving in the sky, but 21st century presuppositionalists refuse to let scientists influence the way they interpret the creative "days" of Genesis chapter one.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hillary, I didn't get any emails. Did you use the right address?

Well, aChristian, I supposed I do it for the same reason I used to argue about Babylonian astronomy with Larsguy/Gary/Bibletwit -- it forces me to look at and accumulate source references, and become more familiar with various ideas.

I already brought up the "sun goes around the earth" idea with Clashing, as well as Flat-Earthism, but he's too clever to get involved with something he knows he can't win. Same reason he won't answer my question about Biblical indications about the length of the 7th creative day. Idiots like this simply ignore good arguments and focus on what they think will win their little battle. You can see, of course, that all Clashing is really interested in is winning, at all costs. Truth of course will be sacrificed on the altar of Fundamentalism. To what, is beyond me. Arguing with fools like this is like trying to pick up mercury with your fingers, but I like a challenge.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit