Can't believe I am doing this

by rockmehardplace 49 Replies latest jw friends

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

He proceeded to inform me that when I miss a meeting going forward (I missed the last week or so due to work issues and being sick), I needed to call and inform him whenever I was going to miss

Sorry to pick up on such small piece, but I wonder if this is a "new" directive.

I was at a meeting for "just brothers" a few weeks ago and we were told the same, along with the fact that we shouldn't miss any more than 12 meetings in a year if we were to be considered "examples"

is this something going widespread?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome. It all gets better.

Love,
    Baba.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Rock: Welcome--now take a deep breath. You are not alone. Isn't that great feeling?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I stand by the belief that my direction comes from Jesus

Oh was Granny happy to read that
    Your post is a birthday gift to me,( today)
    Welcome my love will pray for the to come
    off the missus .

Mouthy

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

The "Where shall we go to argument" do you want to kill it off?

Tell your wife you want to research some other religion's teachings to be better prepared for field ministry. You could make up some story about how someone told you their beliefs at the door and you weren't familiar with them. Ask her if she'd help you in that regard.

Then research Christadelphians, Associated Bible Students and the Dawn Bible Students. You'll find they're very similar to Jehovah's Witnesses without all the beliefs that you don't really agree with now anyway. The Associated Bible Students also have a very loving interpretation of Armageddon where everyone is saved to learn the truth.

A little research and that argument of "where else shall we go to" will be eviscerated.

Just some food for thought.

• donny
    donny

Welcome to JW Net! As others have mentioned, many of us have felt those feelings. Just remember that the process of "waking up" takes time so do not worry if the process seems to be taking its time.

Don

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Rockmehardplace - welcome to the board! Wow, so many of the things you said I can totally relate to. As you can see, you are not alone. I've found this place to be a great outlet that keeps me sane when dealing with JW stuff.

Look forward to your comments.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome, I hope this remains a positive place for you.

How free are you to give that obnoxious elder a reminder that you are an adult with no obligation to call him? Goodness, that's a little high control for even a JW (you oughta say THAT to him!)

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Fantastic to have you here and to see someone with intelligence, compassion and faith. PM me anytime.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@Piercingtheveil81 - great to see you here too! Great additions to the community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit