My Parents unable to justify the current Blood Policy

by RubaDub 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was visiting my parents several months ago and the WT Blood policy came up (someone in a nearby congregation was affected). He is an elder and my mother has been a JW since a child.

Anyway, I just commented that I expect changes soon in the Blood Policy. They asked why. I said, look at it this way. When I was young, I loved to ride my bike. Even when we went on vacations, I would want to take it with me but normally was not allowed to. They said yes, they remembered.

So i asked them, what would you have done if after being told not to take my bike, that I took if apart (wheels, handlebars, chain etc.) and put it in the trunk? What would you have said when you discovered it? What would you have said when I justified it by saying "I wasn't bring my bike, just bike parts" ?

I said that's the same logic used to justify the current Blood policy.

All my father said was, " I never looked at it that way." My mother, uncharacteristically, didn't say a word, just stared at the floor for a few a seconds.

It was odd to say the least.

Rub a Dub

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Crickets = Cognitive Dissonance?

• milola
    milola

That analogy is even better than the ham sandwich. It wasn't until I started reading here that I realized they could except 95% + in pieces according to one's concience. Amazing.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Great analogy rubadub!!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

RubaDub... Bingo! You nailed it. Funny... my Dad does the same thing your Mom did when I ask questions he can't answer (he stares down at the floor). Is that part of the training?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit