Do You HATE The Watchtower Organization?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, I hate the watchtower organization. My life has been negatively affected, mentally and emotionally, by being raised in this cult from birth. My immediate family was destroyed by this organization. And there have been many negative repercussions on my extended family and our relationships also. I cannot think of one individual JW that I hate. I consider them all victims.

• VIII
    VIII

I hate what they did to my family. They being the collective group of Russel, Rutherford, Franz (the elder) and all the zealots who followed like sheep. And that includes all the past and current COs, POs, Elders, GBs, MSs, everyone in a position of power, including those 10 year-old boys who can make an adult woman put a napkin on her head when praying in his presence.

Rutherford got my great-grandparents. It trickled down to me.

I am convinced that there has to be an element of mental instability in the people recruited and the people who stay. Similar to Scientologists. Believe me, if you knew my relatives, the ones who are the most ardent JWs, you would agree. If you are honest, if you look deep into your own family and friends and read psychological profiles, you might admit that there is "something" there. Something nutz.

Just my layperson opinion.

As for hating *the WTS*; if a hijacker got on a plane, happened to fly it into the Brooklyn headquarters and every other place that they publish mags and books, I would not feel that saddness and horror I felt on 9-11-01 when the twin towers were hit.

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

I don't hate anyone, including the organization. At one time, I think I hated the org., but I gradually realized that it was hurting me to carry that hate. Now I pity those who are still captives of the wts. They are misguided and are continuing to waste precious time serving an organization that can't help them.

VIII I don't agree "that there has to be an element of mental instability in the people recruited and the people who stay." While some may have become involved during a time when they were searching for answers and liked what they saw and heard, that is a situation that could apply to almost anyone at some point in their life. For most of us who left, whether born in, recruited later or brought in as youngsters by our parents, the decision to leave has been a process that has taken time. Leaving may be precipitated by a specific event or by a series of realizations, but many of those who are still in just haven't reached the same stage yet and will eventually leave. Kudos to you for getting out when you did, but please don't insult those who for one reason or another are still in.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

garybuss is a good example NOT to follow in this subject. look up his posts.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Can't say I hate the Wt, but if I have an oportunity to do them some organizational harm, like loss of contributions and it's not against the law and don't require a whole lot of work I'll do it, but I'm not going out of my way it's got to be easy and nontime consuming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit