Long Time Reader

by wantarevolution 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

Where do I start? I suppose with "me". I am mid 20's, born in and live abroad with my wife, "serving" in a foreign language congregation.

I suppose I am a bit of an irregularity as I am university educated, with a BA in beautiful but useless subjects, and an MA in a slightly more useful subject, connected to the work that I do at the moment. I have a nice life, a nice apartment.

I have always had doubts,well not always - since around 18 or 19, and very nearly left around then - i did however back down when i realised how much i would lose.

Then things changed, i got offered a transfer abroad, and took it. I moved here on my 23rd birthday, ended up meeting someone and married them.

She is "like minded" in that she hates what the organisation has become, especially on a congregational level, but still believes in Jehovah.

I on the other hand think I have become agnostic.

I just want to say how great it is to see a community active like this and look forward to being part of it

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Welcome to the board!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome to the board!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I am so pleased you found us. Such a good young age to
    find out the WT is not the truth. And your FREE!!

I was saddened( because I am a Granny & a believer) that you
    threw the baby out when you ditched the "dirty water" of the WT

But I am so happy to read you have a loving partner.

Lovely having you on board. Many blessings http://exjw.weebly.com/

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome.

Just curious, any thoughts of leaving? I mean now, as opposed to a few years ago?

Chris

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

I think about leaving all the time, I however come from a large large large family - we are 4th generation.

My wife on th other had just has her Mum and her, so if we left - i think to what i would lose, but at least i have my wife and some "outside" friends here

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

... that you threw the baby out when you ditched the "dirty water" of the WT ...

Ugh... sorry Mouthy, but I hate it when people say that. It implies that no rational thought process was involved when "converting" to agnosticism or atheism. Perhaps that happens on some occasions, but other people arrive at that conclusion after much soul-searching and thought.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

wantarevolution,

Will you please tell us which books on the Apostates' Greatest Hits list you've read?

-LWT

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ugh... sorry Mouthy, but I hate it when people say that. It implies that no rational thought process was involved when "converting" to agnosticism or atheism. Perhaps that happens on some occasions, but other people arrive at that conclusion after much soul-searching and thought.

I am sorry I offended you my love. But I am the Granny on board.
    I am 82 & I can say what I like.When YOU get to mY age you can continue to
    do the same.... I Hate it too,when folks try to tell me the trees,the birds, the bees,
    just "CAME" .... Sorry but that to me is foolishness , So let us agree to disagree. O.K. ?

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Welcome to the board. I hope you will soon find your way to total freedom. The family entanglements make it difficult as many here will confirm, but perhaps with time, a way will open up for you. Meanwhile, keep reading and tell us more about yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit