Sad ending to a sad era ...

by The Berean 24 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

While I am new to this network, the evidence seems to be overwhelming that the WBTS is in decline. While many voice their pleasure at this prospect, it is in many ways sad for me:

It is sad that so many have spent such a great quantity of their early lives supporting a cause that appears to have been a waste of time. Time which could have been spent preparing for competition and function in the real world.

It is sad that so many seem to suffer from post-related emotional discomfort which in extreme cases lasts entire lifetimes. Pain that has been initiated by those whose love was once conditional and who now no longer wish to be a part of the everyday lives of the affected.

I am sad for parents and grandparents who are too old to abandon the only faith they ever knew and look elsewhere. These also will see the end of their group yet will have to practice denial in order for their lives not to have been lived in vain.

It is sad to see marriages and families that require two sets of goals ... one predicated on living forever, the other on seventy or eighty years of existence. For me, that is hardest part. To maintain a relationship with a mate that somehow reasons you don't love them since you do not have the hope of spending eternity with them.

There are no winners here and now ... only hope for generations to come ... those who will have one less cause for pain and separation to deal with.

Yet somehow history shows that others will rise up with twisted, selfish, and damaging causes which will result in a similar lament from future scribes. Or, as a species, will we have learned our lessons?

• outofservice
    outofservice

Amen, so sad but true.

• ninja
    ninja

never mind berry.....look on the good side........scientology is still going great guns............yay for L Ron

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm a winner here and now. I know lots more. I haven't worked one day for Watch Tower Publishing and Real Estate Corporation in the last 35 years. For me, getting nasty, mean people out of my life forever has been a blessing.

Thanks in part to the Watch Tower Pyramid Scam, I'm street smart and I have really good bullshit detectors. I'm educated, I've seen poverty and I don't want any part of that. I have good personal friends and I don't wish for any people who have shown their bad characters.

I don't see the adult Witness people as victims at all. The only people who are associated with the Witness group are those who willfully choose to be there. I include those to cowardly to leave. They actually are the worst because they support the evil group while not even being believers.

The far left might excuse a believer for being deluded but there's no good excuse for a coward who stays because they're afraid of being shunned by some jerk. The worst of the worst are those who support the Witness group for money, for promise of inheritance, or for living off a Witness who has money. They offend me. I put them two steps below a real Watch Tower Witness.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The far left might excuse a believer for being deluded but there's no good excuse for a coward who stays because they're afraid of being shunned by some jerk.

What Gary says here is probably massively unpopular with many on this forum. But I happen to agree wholehearted with him.

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

@ Garybus and PP - surely you don't think it is just that easy? It has many more layers that just a simple "get over it". I don't think people would mind being shunned by "some jerk" but for most it is family and what they thought were friends. Can be pretty hard to reconcile that kind of emotion and still come out sane.

• The Berean
    The Berean

While I accept the hardline of Garybuss and PP as their point of view, in my experience many more could be classed as "cowards" as opposed to "seperatists," and I have trouble simply writing the former off as weak ...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It is a fundamental trait of Jehovah's Witnesses to think others must believe and act as you do or else they are flawed. They call people on the outside wordly, and those who leave apostates.

On this forum the name some people use for those of us who don't leave the Witnesses in the manner they would wish is "cowards" apparently.

Personally I can't get my head around people who leave the Witnesses because they can't believe the doctrines any more, yet still accept the fantastic claims made in the Bible as if it were any more credible that what Jehovah's Witnesses teach. I wouldn't call them names though, as if I couldn't cope with them making a different choice than I would.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The end of an Era.....I don`t see it.....95% of JW`s have no clue whats going on.....If the WBT$ loses members in 1st world countrys..They will replentish in 3rd world countrys..........It`s business as usual for the WBT$...........................OUTLAW

• garybuss
    garybuss

The reason the Witness shunning, the bullying, and the manipulations work is because we let them. I let them get away with it for years. But it stops the second I stop it. It takes two to play their game, the shunner and the shunned. When one stops playing, the game stops right then and there.

I've given notice to any Witness that will disrespect me or anybody important to me, that they are out of my life forever. Many have taken me up on that challenge and they found out I'm serious.

If they don't back WAY off, I go after them. I've done it before and I'll do it again if I'm provoked by them. Jehovah's Witnesses . . . I don't have anything to lost to you, not one damn thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit