Unconfirmed Issues at WT HQ and Chicago

by yadda yadda 2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Would love to see what specifically was mentioned since I don't read the mags anymore. Can someone elaborate?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Private house parties where elders were seen wearing denim.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ mickey - yep, that post was here before I started lurking, but I found it and I loved it. And let's face it, he was right about point 2 on his list, so....

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Passwordprotected:

Yep, that one and another last summer about reading the Bible with an open mind (which was exactly what I was doing at the time and it was leading me to apostasy..)

Do you know what article was that please? I would like to "study" this article with my wife...

Albert

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

no offense..

but its silly rumors like this who give more creed to the fuel of hatred that JW's have for freethinkers

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ albert - sorry mate, I don't have it to hand. It was in the Study Edition of the Watchtower and it was one of those supplementary articles that sit between the study articles. It arrived sometime last May or June, IIRC.

• ninja
    ninja

no offense taken musty....I could tell you were a freethinker of the highest calibre when I saw your tie and jacket on your avatar

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

silly rumors like this

I wonder if people described it as "silly rumors" when it became known that a member of the Governing Body was a....what are they called again....oh, that's right, an apostate?

I think it's really easy to forget that just over 20 years ago the WTS was seriously rocked to it's core and a lot of people left and went on to write books, speak publicly and offer hope to every single JW who came after them.

It will happen again.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

In the early 90s I believe it was...I was living in the Schaumburg Illinois area and going to a newly formed congregation but it met in the Elgin Hall. And we were getting many people to the meetings from the Streamwood congregation all of a sudden...like ALL of them. And I was told it was because the entire BOE was either fired or quit. It was never made clear to me. But it wasnt the first time I had heard of that kind of wide spread dissent in the ranks.

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

Interesting. I would love to find out if there is any truth to this as well.

CS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit