How did you REALLY feel when you where out in field service?

by megaflower 42 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

I hated going D-t-D.

Firstly, getting up on Saturday mornings, when all you wanted to do was sleep in, was tough. You knew you could if you claimed illness. Stomach ache was always a favorite. Going in the bathroom and heaving and making barfing sounds was good for a day off.

Secondly, thinking that I might see someone from school was always stressful. They knew we were dubs, yet, knowing that we might get a territory card for our area, not an area that was for another school district was especially stressful. You just don't want to see your classmates.

Thirdly, begging for money for the mags, on the few occations when someone did express interest was tough. My mom was furious if we didn't get the 10 cents per magazine that she had invested. This was a sale after all and as she explained, time after time, she wasn't a cash register to be giving them away when they were expired.

On the few occations we went on Sundays, after the meetings, it was even worse. Not only did we catch people after their Sunday church service, we had our whole day stuffed with JW stuff.

I despised going out in service.

All I wanted to do on Saturday was sleep in, eat breakfast, watch cartoons and sit in my pajamas. Very rarely got to do that. All kids should.

Now? That is what I do. I don't shower til noon. I get up at 9 AM, drink coffee, read the paper and I am determined to not do anything productive until I feel ready. Sad but true.

edited to add: I have 7 more posts to use til tomorrow--

• Colton
    Colton

I couldn't wait until break time and hoped it was an extended one.

• megaflower
    megaflower

Great posts guys. When I read each and everyone of your experiences I can relate to them all. We were all in the same boat and we got off that sinking ship. Yea, I really enjoy my saturdays now, no predetermined plans. It is great, sleep in,nice breakfast and off about town or maybe some sports activity. It is wonderful to be free from that cult and Iam sure you would all agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit