66 year old new mom!!!

by crapola 25 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

I just read about a woman that's having her first child at age 66. I feel that's a little to old to have a baby. What do all of you think about that?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

They both need to be spoon fed and have there diapers changed???????

• outofservice
    outofservice

Hell Yes!!!!!!!! I was 38 when I had my last and he's about to kill me. Hope she has a lot of family support.

• chickpea
    chickpea

same story for me too outofservice!!
    i was 38 when the last one was born....

i would open an artery if i were to find
    myself pregnant at 53, let alone 66!!

roll on, menopause!
    render me incapable!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I just know she has a nanny!

When the child becomes a teenangst, the mother will be knocking on 80's door.

Sylvia

• crapola
    crapola

One thing to consider in a situation like this is the fact that when the child becomes a teenager, she'll be in her late 70's if she's even still alive. That's just not the kind of thing to do to a child in my opinion.

• flipper
    flipper

CRAPOLA- I see your point. Hopefully she has a good support system and the prospective father is not 90 ! Now THAT would suck big time. The poor child would be adopted in no time as the parents die off. Hopefully she has other adult children who can assist her in caring for the child. I find it amazing the lady had not hit menopause yet and was still producing eggs at that age ! At least she had fun making the child ! She is still active in a sexual way ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• crapola
    crapola

Flipper, you could be right. I hope she has other children to help out. I did'nt read the whole article so I don't know if she does or not.

I guess I'm showing my age here but I can't even imagine starting a new family at 53, much less 66. The grandbabies wear me out!!!

• outofservice
    outofservice

Hey Chickpea

I'm not waiting on menopause, I followed Bob Barkers advice.

• VIII
    VIII

If she did it totally naturally, no hormones, no in-V, no any thing that Mother Nature didn't put there when *she* was born, fine. I have no problem with it.

If she had to conceive a kid with help from a pharma company and a hi-risk OB-Gyn, she is an idiot. And unless the doctor is going to be there to help her take care of that kid(s), he's a bigger idiot. Though, no doubt, a wealthy idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit