QUESTIONS ABOUT BETHELITES

by Scott77 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scott77
    Scott77

How much does each bethelite earn per month while working at WatchTower Offices in New York? Do they fill out tax benefits annually? Do Bethelites earn supplementary unemployment benefits from NY State for being 'ungainfuly' employed? How much does Watchtower missionaries earn per month? Is the WTB a publicily traded company?

Thank you all.

Scott77

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Mouthy,

Hmmm.., are you meaning that Iam back to the past or point? If so, then its so hard to research up subjects here on this forum unless there is a significant way the search engine is revamped. I hope you agree with me.

Thanks

Scott77

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When I was there, it was $90 per month, then it was $100 per month. (I'm certain they've received a 'raise' since I left in late 2000.)

This is perfectly legal, as I signed a 'Vow of Poverty'. No tax paperwork was necessary, as I didn't meet the bottom threshold for reporting income.

Having signed this Vow of Poverty, WT was not required to pay Social Security taxes on our labor.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Scott, "btt" means "back to top" or "bump to top"... our Mouthy was doing you a favor by bumping the thread so that others might see it who could answer the question.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Having signed this Vow of Poverty, WT was not required to pay

Social Security taxes on our labor (leavingwt).

leavingwt,

Many thanks for clarifications. Now, I get the idea why the WTS is rich in real estate investments. I am not surprised that one writter described some of the heavyweights are flying first class , using the money donated in this way. That is new to me really in this respect.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

BabaYaga,

Interesting. I googled it up and got the following meaning from http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/BTTP.

AcronymDefinition
    BTTPBack to the Point
    BTTPBack To The Past

Scott77

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Baba

Yes I thought I was helping you Scott.I saw where no one had responded so I BTTP
    I should have put BUMP!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ah, well, my acronym is probably incorrect, but I know we around here use that to "bump" the thread!

As for the "vow of poverty", this is interesting, indeed! Thanks for the info, Leaving. It makes perfect sense, I just never knew of such a thing.

from http://www.unclefed.com/IRS-Forms/2001/HTML/p51701.html

Members of Religious Orders

If you are a member of a religious order who has not taken a vow of poverty, your earnings for qualified services you performed as a member of the order are subject to SE tax. See Qualified Services, later. This does not apply if you have requested and received an exemption as discussed under Exemption From Self-Employment (SE) Tax, later.

Vow of poverty. If you are a member of a religious order who has taken a vow of poverty, you are exempt from paying SE tax on your earnings for qualified services (defined later) you perform as an agent of your church or its agencies. For income tax purposes, the earnings are tax free to you. Your earnings are considered the income of the religious order.

And Dear Mouthy... right back atcha!!!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Mouthy,

I know you are one of my allies. I apologise for any misunderstanding whatsover. Many thanks for trying to give attention to my posting. BabaYaga, your latest posting certainly builds on what Mouthy wanted guys and gals around here to do. That is wonderful too.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit