Did you ever experience caution or fear at being introduced to a brother with a beard?

by cattails 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

During my 30 years as a JW beards were a no no. If you had a beard you were considered rebellious. Priviledges wihheld and revoked . Tension in your life . Before the early 70's the same was true for colored shirts with a necktie (only white was acceptable). Mustaches were also taboo.

The tribal mind afflicts all JW's . At an assemby in Allentown Pa., temperatures soared to over 100 degrees and several people passed out in the grandstands but no one would think of loosening their neckties or opening their shirts. Reminds me of a statement I saw on a booklet titled Fundamentalism for Dummies......" If you act stupid we will treat you as an equal".

• iceguy
    iceguy

Yeah I had felt caution, I assumed they were spiritually weak. Its amazing how a group of men in Brooklyn can control your mind!

• flipper
    flipper

No- not at all. Only if he was salivating into it. THAT would scare me a bit

• The Berean
    The Berean

I still do!

Mother raised me to be prejudice ... I believe it is the one mindset that is environmental rather than genetic.

Shamefully, I have a list of negative "first blush" judgements that, at this point, have been life long ...

Besides demonic facial hair, please do not comment if you are Black, Yellow, Italian, Jewish, Worldly(???) or Sucessful. Do not bother me if you wear leather pants, short skirts, shirts with sports logos on them, have long hair OR shave your head. Leave me alone if you belong to the Lion's Club, the Military, work for the Police Derpartment, or have been seen entering or leaving a church. I must condemn you if you have ever saluted a flag, owned an early american lamp with an eagle on it, played high school sports, sat on Santa Clause's lap, or used the word orgasm ... I could go on but I must now go into my bathroom, stumble over a pile of my wife's Watchtower magazines, and throw up ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit